I walked down the stairs, about to walk out the front door before I heard voices whispering from the kitchen. "Do you think that Damon really believes us? That we're trying to help him?" Elena's voice asked and I slowly walked down the hall, listening in.

"I don't think Damon knows what to believe.. Trust isn't something that comes natural to him." Stefan answered with a sigh and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You know, I really do think that Damon thinks that every move he's made, everything he's done—he's done out of love.. It's twisted and kind of sad." Elena said in defeat as she went through a box of old stuff.

"There are other ways to get what you want. You don't have to kill people. Damon has no regard for human life. He enjoys inflicting pain on others." Stefan pointed out and I slowly folded my arms over my chest. "For one-hundred and forty five years, every single time that I have let my guard down and let Damon back into my life, he has done something to make me regret that." He added, sighing deeply at the memories. "I'm not going to make that same mistake again." Stefan warned in a serious tone.

"So what do you think will happen if the tomb gets opened and Damon gets Katherine back?" Elena asked in confusion, making me raise an eyebrow at the question.. but even more so at the answer.

"I think that no matter what Damon promises, a lot of people will die." Stefan answered emotionlessly. I took a deep breath before I walked back down the hall and out of the house.
~~~

"My father never approved of anyone I dated. Which only made me want them more, of course." Damon stated with a smirking. He sliced a tomato on the kitchen island while Jenna sat on the counter across from him and I leant against the sink. "What about you?" He asked, gesturing at Jenna who drank from a wine glass.

"There were a few guys." Jenna answered, making Damon raise an eyebrow. "Logan isn't the only loser I've dated." She added in amusement before drinking from her glass some more.

"They ever find him? Or is he still missing?" Damon asked, furrowing his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes at how innocent he acted.

"He's not missing. He's in the Bahama's working on his tan." Jenna countered in annoyance and I smirked at her. "Very entitled, that one. Marches to his own drum." She added in disgust and downed the rest of her wine. Damon grabbed the bottle and refilled her glass while I sighed at Jenna.

"He's foul. They're all snooty, Jenna." I pointed out and shook my head. Damon chuckled dryly as he walked back over to the tomato and looked down at it.

"Hello, Elena." He stated, making Jenna and I furrow our eyebrows before Elena walked into the kitchen from the hall.

"Hey, where have you been?" Jenna asked and Elena furrowed her eyebrows at Damon before looking over at me. "We're cooking dinner." She added, gesturing at Damon with her glass. He who smirked at her while I shrugged, staying out of it completely.

"Is Stefan with you?" Damon asked, tilting his head and Elena rested an arm against the counter that Jenna sat on.

"Uh, he'll be here soon." Elena answered with a short nod, making Damon look down at the tomato in agreement.
~~~

I grabbed plates from the cupboard, stacking them in my hands before moving them over the table. Damon walked past me, bumping his body into me before slowly moving out of the way, slightly grinding his front half on mine. "Whoa. Hmm." He stated with some amusement and I rolled my eyes and put the plates on the table.

"Don't do that." I stated in annoyance, shaking my head at him and looking away.

"Do what?" He countered in confusion and innocence, making me scoff.