Part Seven

The Lake House

            After calling Caleb, the girls headed up to Spencer’s lake house to meet him. “What exactly did he tell you Hanna?”, Spencer asked as they walked into the house.  “Spence, I already told you. He said he’d do whatever he could to help. But that doesn’t mean he’ll have all the answers to find him.”, Hanna told her. Spencer shook with a cold chill at the thought of what’s happening to Toby.

            “Hey girls.”, Caleb said as he came in walking through the door. “Hey.”, they said, Hanna walking over to give him a kiss. “So, fill me in again.”, he said as he sat down. “Spencer went over to Toby’s today and, well…”, Aria began, looking at Emily to finish for her. “A’s got Toby.”, Emily told him.

            Caleb’s eyes grew wide. He was shocked to hear that Toby, of all people, had been kidnapped. “How can I help?”, he asked. “Well, w-we thought that you might know why A would want to take Toby.”, Spencer said, barley loud enough for Caleb to hear her. “Well, the only thing I can think of is his new carpenter job he took at the police station.”, Caleb replied. Spencer and the others looked a little shocked. “Toby’s working at the police station?”, Aria asked.

             “You mean, you didn’t know?”, Caleb asked. Spencer sighed with concern. “He must have been trying to help us.”, she said. “But, as far as what he knew about A, I’m clueless. And I don’t know anyone who does know.”, he continued. Aria’s eyes suddenly grew wider. “Aria, that’s your idea face. What you got?”, Emily asked. “Well, what if we ask…Mona?”, Aria answered. The girls and Caleb looked at each other for a moment before Hanna finally answered. “Well, what have we got to loose?”