"It is, time for you to take one too"?

"It is"

"Meet me in my driveway"

"Yeah, ok" and she went up front to his driveway. He was getting his bike out.

"Wanna ride into town for an ice cream"?

"I haven't had an ice cream cone in forever, hell yes, hang on" she ran back into her house, tossed on jeans and a pair of boots, locked the house and ran back out.

"I haven't had an ice cream cone in forever, hell yes, hang on"  she ran back into her house, tossed on jeans and a pair of boots, locked the house and ran back out

He handed her a helmet, she hopped on and off they went.

They went to Dairy Queen, both got ice cream cones and they sat on the picnic table small talking. She enjoyed being with him and him with her. Then back on the bike and home again, break was over. Best afternoon break they each had had in a long time. She went back to her office and he went back to reading.

Jason called, he had a name and address. He again came and picked her up, it was evening now.

They arrived at the house of what Leigha called her missing puzzle piece, at least she had hoped. Jason knocked on the door and 'Polly' answered. She invited them in even after they showed her their FBI badges. After taking for a while and Leigha now knowing her inmate was now innocent, that this bitch killed his mom and three little sisters to free him of them as he was the oldest with no father and Polly pregnant, Polly wanted him all to herself, and he took the fall to protect the girl who he thought he loved and is unborn daughter. It took time to get this all out of her with the talent of their interview. Then Polly who was also under the use of meth decided she was in trouble and needed to kill them. Just as they were getting ready to leave, an unseen bat behind the door was grabbed by Polly who hit Jason over the back of the head knocking him out for a bit. Then Leigha turned, "I'm going to kill you" Polly said as she swung the bat at Leigha who moved in time.

Before Polly could swing again Leigha attack with a big right overhand punch. Polly held up her hands to defend herself as Leigha jerked the bat from her. Leigha drove her shoulder into Polly's chest slamming her up against the door, where she started landing solid punches into Polly's gut until she went down. Leigha then grabbed Jason's gun from his shoulder strap and held it on her. She then called the police, holding Polly at gunpoint. Looking down at Polly, "Fucking case closed bitch, I got enough on you now"

Jason started to stir as the police arrived. Jason was taken to the hospital for a few stitches to the back of his head, Leigha called Julie to meet them there. Leigha filled out all the police paperwork at the hospital as Jason had to stay overnight. Polly was taken into custody and Leigha would have to deal with that tomorrow.

After seeing Jason and filling Julie in she took Jason's jeep home. It was 11 pm when she arrived at home, she pulled into her driveway and laid her head on the steering wheel. She hated being alone right now as the adrenalin was coming down. When things like this happened in the past Jason never got hurt, he was always there to help her calm down and now he wasn't. She looked up and at Tommy's house, he had a light on.

She got out of the jeep and walked straight over to his place. Knocked. He opened the door. Tears ran like a river down her face as he grabbed onto her in a hug. "What's wrong my lass, what happened"? He was very worried seeing her like this.

She started sobbing causing him much more concern, "Baby, what, please"

"Give me a minute, I'm sorry" between sobs. Tommy picked her up and carried her to the sofa and sat down holding her tight.

Once she got control of her crying her eyes out, she explained the case she was on to the point Jason had stitches and an overnight stay. Tommy listened.

"Oh my lass, it's ok now, you're here now, Jason is ok, just rest, I'll get you a drink" He got up and got his bottle of Jack and poured her a glass. She didn't hesitate, he sat back down and wrapped his arms around her as she laid her head on his chest. She talked a little of a few cases her and Jason had been on, her talking slowed and she fell asleep on his chest.

Tommy couldn't leave her alone. He picked her up and carried her to his room. He undressed her gently to her underpants, he put one of his t-shirts on her and took off his jeans and shirt and laid in bed having her curl into him as he held her all night. His thoughts were, 'She came to me when she needed someone, she didn't hesitate telling him what happened, she cried and held onto him' He needed her, he had since he'd first seen her, his need only grew each time he was with her. She had beauty, brains and now a good fight in her, but it wasn't those that attracted him to her, oh sure they helped, but, it was her soul, her spirit, her openness to him, her innocence, she was a kind and loving soul. He fell asleep with her wrapped in his arms.

  He fell asleep with her wrapped in his arms