Ch. 1 Sold.

(Echo pov)
My name is Echo. I'm a wolf shifter and I have unlimited powers. I just don't use them a lot. I live in a world where vampires rule and humans are either put to work or are sold as pets. But you know what else is sold as pets? Wolf shifters. Yes, so I'm in a pet shop. My pet master beats and tortured me. So I'm timid and scared. They put some thing in the food here that keeps us from shifting to our human forms. I can't even remember what my human form looks like. I haven't shifted in twenty years. I'm 25 and I was five when they first took me to the pet shop. I was living with my mom and older brother. He is older than me by two years. But we were inseparable and we cared for each other a lot. I remember he used to tell me he loves me. But I can't remember what love is. My brother, my mom and me lived in the woods and one day we were out side. Aztec, my brother, and I were playing when the trappers came. We ran but then I got caught in a net and taken to the pet shop. I haven't seen or heard from my mom and Aztec since. I was five then and now I'm 20. The color in my eyes, I've been told, has faded a little so now they look a little gray. My eyes were crystal violet and my fur coat is pure white. When I wash it. I'm so dirty and covered in blood that my coat looks brown with red. The blood even looks like it's an original part of my fur coat. Right now I'm in the corner, curled into a ball. My eyes are closed. I hear the cage door open and close. I look over and see a boy leaving food. Then he looks at me and sneered. I bet he is going to beat me later. I sigh and lay down again. I'm not hungry right now. Even though we only eat once a month, I don't usually eat because they will try to poison us some times. I have accidentally eaten poison. But my powers kept me from dying. So now I don't usually eat what they give me. Which usually ends up the pet master giving me a shot so I can't shift to human. The boy left and a few minutes later the pet master comes in talking with the vampire prince, Asher. I think prince Asher wants a pet. The others start growling. They can't be punished because they were originally apart of a pack and it's against the law for pet masters hurt a wolf shifters that came from packs. But I was a rogue so he can hurt me in any way he wants. So I do nothing but close my eyes. I hear the pet master groan. "Blaze get the serum!" He calls. "What?" Prince Asher asks. "She doesn't eat and in the food is were we put the serum to keep them from shifting to human. So since she doesn't eat we have to inject it in her." The pet master said. "How long would it take to where off so that she could shift again?" The prince asks. "Well if you don't put any more in her then a few weeks. Why?" Pet master asks. "Just wondering. But I'll take her." Prince Asher said. "Are you sure?" Pet master asks. "Yeah besides she seems to be the most tame." Prince Asher said. "Ok." Pet master said. He got a collar and leash and then came to me. I stand and growl a little. He puts the collar me and then puts the leash on. He leads me to the prince and hands the prince the leash. "I'm going now." Prince Asher said. Pet master nods and prince Asher leads me to a car. He makes me get in the passenger side. He got in the driver side and pulled out a needle. He sighed when I freak out. He injects it in my hip and I became weak instantly. As the car starts to move I fell a sleep.
(Asher pov)
I didn't want to put her to sleep. But she can't know how to get into the castle. It could end up bad. Once I got home, I got out and picked her up. The pet master had told me her name is Echo. I carried her to my room and the to the smaller room connected to my room. I made it for her. I set Echo down and went to my desk. I sat down and worked on my paper work. Some say I'm responsible for my past wolf's deaths. But it was really my older brothers, who are also twins. They hate wolves and especially shifters. But I intended to keep this one for a good long while. I work on my paper work for a while when I feel some thing nudge my leg. I jump and look over. I see Echo and I smile. She tilts her head to the left a little and look up at me curiously. I pet her and take off her collar. "Let's get you a bath." I said. I got up and she whimpers. I look down and she shake her fur out. I look her over. She is small. Her height only goes to my knee and her fur coat looks to be a dirt brown with some blood red in it. Her eyes look like they have faded. They look to be crystal violet. I walk to the bath room and look behind me to see Echo following. I turned on the water and turned it off when it was ready. Echo sniffed at the the water. I splash some on her snout and she seems surprised. I chuckle and pick her up. I set her in the tub and the water instantly turns brown and red. I scrub her with soap and wash her off. Only to find that her fur coat is pure white. I guess that the pet master never bathed her. Then she winced in pain when I hit a spot. I look in her fur and see a cut. I look through out her fur. I see many cuts. She whimpers and I sigh. "I'll fix those." I said softly. She looks at me curiously. "I kind of want to see what you look like in human form." I said. She seems to be thinking about some thing. But the look on her face tells me she wants to see what she looks like to. I finish bathing her and she got out of the tub. She shakes and I dry her with a towel. Then I put a collar on her and went to my bed. I got her to get on the bed easily. But getting her to lay down was the hard part. Once I did, I lay down and turn on the tv. We watch for a while. Echo kept her distance from me which hurt me a little. I guess she just doesn't want to get hurt. "Echo come here." I said softly. She hesitantly came over and I sit up. I lean on the head board and she lays down. I pet her and she tensed up. I rest my hand on her back but she doesn't calm down. "I won't hurt you I promise." I said. She calms down slightly. I pet her and then I remember her cuts. "Stay here girl." I said and got up. She watches me as I get bandages and comes back over. I cover her cuts with bandages and she whimpers. She sniffs at me and I chuckle. Then she backs off as if she's scared I didn't like that. I pet her and put the bandages away. Then there's a knock at the door. I groan. I look at Echo. "Stay there." I said. She sets her head down. I wonder why she didn't bark at the knock. Most wolves do. I went to the door and open it. I see one of my older brothers, Felipe. Felipe is about a foot taller than me and has blond hair with green eyes. Chase his twin, is about a foot taller than me. But he has dark hair and blue eyes until like Felipe. "Yes?" I ask. "Did you get a new dog?" Felipe asks. "Yes and I want you and Chase to stay away from her. Because we both know that it was you who killed my last dog." I growl. "I know and the one before that. But any ways I nor Chase will touch her. Besides I saw you come in with her and she looks familiar. Remember Collin?" Felipe asks. "Yeah." I said. "She reminds me of his sister in wolf form. Is she a shifter?" Felipe asks. "Yeah but she can't shift right now." I said. "Well when she can I want to talk to her." Felipe said. "Fine but I come to. I don't trust you." I said. "Ok." He said. "Oh and tell Chase he better not hurt her." I said. "Ok." He said and left. I close my door and look at Echo. She is watching me and then she yawns. I chuckle and go to her. She whimpers and gets up. She got off the bed and I put her back on the bed. She looks at me. "You will sleep with me ok?" I ask. She nods. "Now scoot over." I said and she moved to the other side of the bed. I got in bed and covered up. I pull her over and cuddle with her. She looks at me. "What?" I ask. She cuddles back and she fell a sleep. Then I fell a sleep.

An: hey this book is a lot more recent than Kidnapped by Aliens and a lot different and much better in my opinion. I hope you enjoy.