004 : Alpha and Beta

"If he belongs to the same year with us, he might take the first place!"

Interesting words reached his closed ears that made him stop reading the material on his hands. Lowering his paper down, he saw a long table with people occupying the place. There are two women on the left side, one man on the opposite, while someone is pouring out tea from the other edge of the table. The table is filled with papers, folders, and books that they are working during club time.

The women chatting realized the power of their words and noticed the president looking over them. They both flinched by the sudden attention while sweating furiously. This man who is sitting on the most important chair in the room is the Alpha who is holding the top place on their grade since on their first year.

"Ah, no, no, Yuuya-san! We are not talking about someone taking over your position," one of the girls who is a beta defended herself.

"Yes, yes, Yuuya-san. Actually, he will never have a chance to take the first place if it's you," the other beta girl supported.

Uenoyabaru Yuuya, an alpha from a prestigious family, stands top in place in both sports and academics. Being a natural born alpha from an all-alpha family gave him an enormous advantage. His looks are no way below average with skills that can make any gender fall in love with him. And due to this status made him an overwhelming person.

Everyone is scared at him in a point. No one can challenge him in one on one. His strength and intelligence is too much for the normal beings, and almost above average of alpha characteristics. That's why hearing rumors as this always piques his interest.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm not at least disturbed," he said with a smile.

The girls heaved in a relaxed sigh. They thought that they offended the guy that much.

"But I wanted to hear about this guy. Who is he?" He added.

"Ah, you mean that Omega scholar?" The man named Ibuki Hatsuo who is also an alpha said.

"An Omega scholar? He's a scholarship student?" Yuuya repeated.

"Well, not actually. That is just an expression the teachers call him," Hatsuo said.

"His name is Moritani Ryouhei. He's a year younger than us," one of the girls said.

"Moritani Ryouhei you say..."

Yuuya pondered over the information he took. He knows that it is not good to judge people basing on their second gender. Even the school's Student Council welcome omega to show their support on the changing views of the society. But, knowing that someone could actually do it is a bit unbelievable from the start.

"What is it?" Hatsuo asked.

The Vice President noticed Yuuya pondering. It's rare for the President to show such act.

"Just wondering, we can have that omega join our council," Yuuya said.

"That's a good idea," Hatsuo smiled. "We only have Negi. It might be good if he can have someone whom he can get close with."

Yuuya nodded. Negi is Hatsuo's fated fair. He allowed the omega to join the council due to the fact that he is already mated to the Vice President. That is why it is good for an Omega who has not a pair yet - assuming - to join. That will give a good reputation to the school and to the members of the council.

"Then I will look for his records later and ask him personally. That could be-"

Yuuya halted when they heard the tune for announcement rang out from the speaker. Some of the members looked up to the speaker to listen while Yuuya remained in his position.