« 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 »

Start from the beginning

if it is, he should've told me. he should've told me so that i don't feel all this doubt and betrayal. it hurts that neither of them are denying the rumour, especially since one of them is dating me and the other is one of my closest friends who is well aware that i am in a relationship with none other than the one person that she is currently having a dating rumour with.

tears fill my eyes and i shakily take out my phone, dialling his number. it rings a few times before going into voicemail.

"you have reached jung jaehyun's phone. i'm sorry i can't pick up, but please leave a message after the beep!" his sweet voice cheerily says, making me clench the phone tighter and making what i'm about to do so much harder.

"hi jaehyun, this is rosé. i just wanted to tell you that i think that we should, um, take a..." the words get caught in my throat and i find it harder to speak with every passing second. "i think that we should take a break."

my voice is shaky and the tears finally cascade down my face like a waterfall and i'm hiccuping. i know there's no going back now.

"the rumours lately about you and yeri are making me doubt our relationship and your loyalty. i really want to believe that the both of you are better than that but none of you are saying or denying anything and it's making me feel like you guys actually are, so..." i trailed off, furiously wiping my tears. "i'm sorry jaehyun, but i think a break is what's best for the both of us. if you both really are together, then i... i wish you both all the best. goodbye, jaehyun. i love you."

here i am, all alone in our room in our shared apartment, crying my heart out over a man who won't tell me what's going on.

how pathetic can i be?
——————————————————————

when i got back from filming nct's new music video, i was greeted with a notification that i have a voicemail from chaeyoung. i happily opened it, expecting to hear her sweet voice say she misses me or something along the lines of it. what i got instead, however, devastated me to no end.

"hi jaehyun, this is rosé." i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, biting my lip nervously. chaeyoung never calls herself by her stage name when she's talking to me in private. "i just wanted to tell you that i think that we should, um, take a... i think that we should take a break."

my jaw dropped open and tears pooled in my eyes, clenching my hands around the phone and squeezing my eyes shut. i pinched myself continuously in hopes that all of it was just a figment of my imagination, but even i knew that this was real.

she continued speaking as i let the tears fall and a silent sob escapes my mouth, my heart pounding furiously. my brain tried to make sense of what was happening and everything i saw was blurry. i can't help but feel so weak.

i've never loved someone so much romantically that it hurts to hear her say she wants a break. from what i've seen, breaks ultimately lead to break-ups and i don't want that to happen. she is the best girlfriend i could've ever asked for, and it was my fault for making her feel like shit.

the girl that gave me the world is hurting because i couldn't spare her a second to tell her what was going on.

chaeyoung, i'm so sorry. i promise i'll make it up to you.

please believe me. i love you too.
——————————————————————

it's been 3 months since we've last spoken. he's tried reaching out to me a few times but i've ignored his attempts because i know i will immediately take him back if i even hear his voice.