☂️Chapter 6☂️

Start from the beginning

Of course, as you might already expected, Five wasn't back within ten minutes. The young Hargreeves boy wouldn't come back for a long time. Unfortunately, Kiara didn't have the ability to see the future like you might have, she only had the word of her adoptive brother. So the young girl just sat there as seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours.

     "Miss Kiara," Pogo's voice sounded from behind her. "Your father wants to talk to you."
     The girl didn't even look at her friend, "if he really wants to talk to me he'll have to come outside."
     Pogo sighed, "you really should come inside, Miss Kiara."
     "I'll come inside when Five's back." Kiara said, suborn as always. Normally she would've reminded Pogo of the fact that she didn't want him to call her 'miss', but right now she didn't care.
     "Very well," Pogo said before turning around and walking back inside. Within thirty minutes, the door opened again, this time for Grace. Grace was holding a plate with food from dinner, which Kiara hadn't really touched at all.
     "You need to eat sweetie," Grace told her daughter as she kneeled beside her, holding the plate towards her.
     Only Kiara shook her head, "I'm not hungry." Grace's smile didn't disappear, but it did change to a more sympathetic one.
     "That's okay, I'll just leave it here for when you do get hungry."
     Kiara glanced over at her mother, sending her a small smile, "thanks mom." Grace placed the plate on the ground beside her daughter, before leaning forwards and giving Kiara a kiss on her forehead.
     "No problem, Kiara. Just don't stay out here for too long. You'll get a cold." Kiara nodded in agreement, even though she didn't have any intention of coming back inside any time soon. Not without Five. Two more hours went by while Kiara was sitting outside by herself.  In those two hours, Vanya had also tried to get her sister back inside, but even she couldn't convince her to wait for their brother in the house.
     In the meantime the sun had completely disappeared, making place for the darkness of the night. Of course this didn't made the young girl go inside either. She just took out the marker she always had in her pockets and drew a flame on her left wrist. She concentrated and a second later, the drawing on her skin gave a orange glow before a small flame appeared in Kiara's hand.

     More hours passed, even though the girl didn't know how late it really was, she assumed it was way passed midnight, since almost all the lights of the houses around her were out. She also assumed she was the last one still awake from her family, but she was wrong. The door opened again, this time Kiara did glance behind her to see Klaus was walking out of the house. Holding something in both of his hands. "I'm assuming I can't convince you to come inside?" He asked, on which Kiara responded with shaking her head.
     "Nope." Klaus nodded his head, sticking out one of the things in his hand to her. Kiara looked at it before taking it, it was big, made out of plastic, "what's this?" She asked, not paying a lot of attention to what she was holding. Most of her attention was still with the flame she held in her other hand.
     "It's a device used by so called 'normal' people. Apparently, it lights up when you press a button.  I think I heard they call it a, flashlight? I know, booooring! But I thought, maybe you could use it." Kiara couldn't help the small smile that came on her lips while Klaus explained. Of course she knew what it was, but her brother's over dramatic way of talking made it sound better then it was. "And this," Klaus started, unfolding the thing he was holding in his other hand, "this, is a big piece of sheep, people use it to prevent themselves from freezing to death. It's called a blanket." He said while putting the big blanket over her shoulders.
     "Thanks Klausy," Kiara mumbled while letting the fire go out and turning on the flashlight.
     "I'm not done yet," the boy continued while sitting down beside her, shoving the plate with food out of the way. "Because this," Klaus said while grabbing something out of the inside pocket of his academy jacket. "This is maybe the most magical thing ever created by the human race."
     Kiara looked at what her friend was holding, it was a little hard to see by the little light of the flashlight, but eventually she could make out what it was. "A lollipop?" She asked.
     "What? No! No, Kiki, I was talking about the chocolate!" Klaus said as if she just had insulted him, taking the bar of chocolate out of his hand and sticking it out to her. Leaving the lollipop in his other hand. Kiara couldn't help but giggle slightly as she took the bar out of his hand.
     "That makes more sense," she said and removed the plastic, breaking the bar in two and gave Klaus one half.
     "Bon appétit," Klaus said before taking a bite.
     "Yeah, you too." Kiara responded, taking a bite herself. The two sat in silence, just eating the chocolate. After Kiara had finished her half, Klaus gave her the lollipop, which she excepted without saying anything. They sat there for a few more hours. Kiara herself was getting tired, she had lay her head on Klaus's shoulder, still staring at the point Five had disappeared. As the minutes passed by, Kiara felt her eyelids becoming heavier. Until she couldn't keep them open anymore and closed them, slowly falling asleep. After thirty minutes of Kiara sleeping, Klaus tabbed her shoulder softly.
      "Kiara?" Of course she didn't reply. Realizing she was fast asleep, Klaus carefully lifted her up in his arms, carrying the girl back inside. It took some time and effort, but eventually Klaus reached Kiara's room. He managed to open the door, pushing it further open with his back as he walked inside. Four placed his adopted sister on her bed, putting the blanket of her bed over the blanket she was still wearing from outside. "Sweet dreams Kiki," he said before leaving her room, softly closing the door behind him.