Chapter 5- Her savior

Start from the beginning

I gulped.

How did he do this?

“Here, let me grip you.”

He slide near me and held my waist, I was still in daze. He pulled me close,
“hold it.”
He gave me the rope in my hand, I gripped it once again.

“I’m leaving you for now, but I’m right behind you. If you will fall, you’ll fall in my arms. Ok?”

He said, his eyes honest and grip warm around me. I blinked.

Don’t leave me. Ever.

Please!

“Manzar, OK?”

I blinked once again.

“Angle yourself, I’m right behind you.”

I blinked again.

“Please nod, so that I know you are inside.”

I nodded.

“Good!” and then he pat my head, loosened his grip around me and went down just few feet apart.

I angled myself, this time more confident. Still in daze, why!?

“Just few more feet and then there is ground.” I nodded and did what I was asked for.

“Now jump.”

I did, and landed just in his arms, in hugging position.

“You did it!”

I did it.

“it was good, why are you always scared of heights.”

Urvi’s words brought me out of daze and pulled me out of his grip.

What was I doing?

I don’t need him.

He is not required anymore.

I smiled and rushed upto Urvi and hugged the life out of her,

“I did it!”

“You did it! Of course.”

“But I slipped when…”

“Oh shush! Everybody does, your grip loosened that’s it. Show me your elbow.”

.
.

.
.

It was almost 3 at noon when everybody was done with rappelling and lunch. We chatted for a while, and then started to walk back towards the cabin. Trekking they call it.

I pulled the shoulder straps of my bag which got the bag even closer to my back, I was lost in a different world.

My subconscious mind was keeping me from hurting myself, from the thorns of these shrubs, the path was sometimes of gravel, too sandy or sometimes muddy.

We need to get through this with the little effort we could make, because right after this there is the place we call our reward. Our home.

My mind drifted back to the day when Seher and Adi Jiju convinced me for this trip.

.

.

I was sitting with Seher in her living room, she was through her second trimester of pregnancy and I was instructed by our mother to be with my sister like her shadow, as they live alone, until Mom comes and live with them.

We were watching episode 3 of season 5, Games of Thrones, when Aditya walked in, must Seher’s maid has opened the door for him or else I would definitely do something else – would have changed the show that’s for sure to start with.