45

Cairo's POV

"Do you have to go?" I ask while hugging Lindsey before she goes through airport security.

The Thorns are playing Utah tomorrow.

"Yes baby I do. I even took the last flight out of LA so I could be here for your 6 month appointment." Lindsey says.

"I know...and you don't know how much that means to me."

"I wouldn't dare miss an appointment."

Lindsey kisses me then heads to security so I turn around and leave.

"CAIRO" Lindsey yells.

I turn around and see her running over to me.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask as she gets to me and hugs me.

"I forgot to tell you I love you." Lindsey says making me giggle.

"I love you too." I say then kiss her.

Lindsey then goes back to security and when I can't see her anymore I turn around and leave.

Hurry back Lindsey.

Hurry back.

- - - - -

Lindsey's POV

Everything has been going great. Cairo's pregnancy is going fantastic, Our baby is healthy, and we, the Thorns, just beat the Utah Royals 2-1 and now myself, Kling, and Tobin are at Christen's place eating dinner and catching up with her, Kelley, and Becky before everyone leaves in the morning. We were all having a good time relaxing and just talking about stuff when my phone rang.

"It's Cairo." I say when I pick up the phone.

"Ooh put it on speaker" Kling says so I do.

"Hey baby mama." I say making the other girls laugh.

"Lindsey." Cairo says then we hear sniffling and what sounds like crying.

All the girls look at me with wide eyes and I look at my phone.

"Cairo what's wrong?"

"I-Is the game over yet?"

"Yes baby it ended an hour ago."

"Are you at the airport?"

"No I'm eating dinner with Tobin, Kling, Christen, Kelley, and Becky."

"When are you coming home?"

"Tomorrow beautiful."

"oh" Cairo says then we hear her crying.

"Cairo what's wrong?"

"nothing"

"Baby I can hear you crying. Please just tell me what's wrong so I can fix it." I say and Becky comes over and puts her arm around me to keep me calm.

"c-c-c-can you just come home please...please."

Christen shows me her phone that has a message that says 'stall while we book you a flight.'

"Okay baby. I'll be there soon." I don't really want to stall at the moment. I just want to hold my wife. "Cairo?"

"Yeah?" She croaks out.

"I love you."

"I love you too...More than you'll ever know." Cairo says.

Christen gets my attention and tells me we need to go so I grab my bags and everyone gets up, heads to one of the girls car, piles into the car, and we head to the airport.