15

Cairo's POV

During the Portugal friendly Lindsey hurt her hand somehow so Jill allowed Lindsey and I to fly home so Lindsey said she would stay with me for a week and help me around the house. Her parents heard about her plan and told her they wanted to come take care of her for the weekend which I didn't mind. Lindsey and I made the 16 hour long flight from Lisbon to LAX and landed around 1 pm. We made our way to baggage claim to get our bags and look for Lindsey's parents. She went off to look for her parents and I went to get the bags. Once I got our bags I made my way to where Lindsey said she was.

Finally I see her and she waves at me so I walk over to her. I'm a bit nervous to meet my girlfriends parents. Lindsey says they are nice, but that's what most people say about their parents.

"Hello" I say as I approach and smile at Lindsey and she smiles back.

"Hi" Lindsey says and then looks at her parents. "Mom...Dad this is my girlfriend Cairo. Cairo this is my Mom Linda and my Dad Mark"

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." I say and shake their hands. "Do I need to call an Uber?" I ask the group.

"We have a rental car here so if you can direct us to where it is we are going I can drive." Lindsey's dad says. I nod and we head to the car and make the 30 minute drive to my house.

Once at the house I bring Lindsey and I's bags into the house and take them up the stairs as the Horan family follow me up.

"Alright Lindsey you can have the red room." I say and go to help her with her bags only to be stopped by her dad.

"Why is she not sharing a room with you?" Didn't think that was an option.

"Because I don't know if you or your wife are comfortable with that and I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable." He nods so I help Lindsey with her bags and show her where stuff is in the room and ensuite. Then we walk out and take her parents to a different room and let them get settled in.

Suddenly, while walking down the stairs, it gets a little hard to breath so I lean up against the wall and try to get my breathing back to normal.

"Cairo what's wrong?" Lindsey asks.

"Hard to breath." I say and she wraps her good arm around my waist and helps me down the stairs and to the kitchen since it's the closest room with seats. Lindsey's parents come down and we talk until we get hungry.

Lindsey and I are making dinner for everyone and while we were waiting the 20 minutes for it to finish in the oven we had music playing and Lost in Japan by Shawn Mendes came on. Decent song, but not one of my personal favorites, but it looked like Lindsey liked it because she was dancing to it and she looked happy so I decided to dance with her.

"May I have this dance M'lady?" I ask her in a posh British accent and hold out my hand.

Lindsey giggles a little and takes my hand. "Why yes you may." She says and we spend the next 20 minutes dancing together. Me leading her and spinning her around making her smile and giggle which is music to my ears. Every so often I would notice her mom and dad smiling at us.

"Your parents seems happy" I whisper into her ear while we are dancing.

"Probably because I'm happy." She says causing me to smile and spin her out and then back in and kiss her nose.

Our fun got cut off by the oven timer going off so I got oven mitts and took the food out of the oven and got out plates and utensils. The four of us ate and talked for a while until everyone got tired and we all head to our rooms to sleep. I wait for their doors to close before getting in the elevator and going to my room to sleep.

- - - - -

Lindsey stayed for a week to help me around the house which was great. It was nice to have somebody else in my house with me. Even if it was just for a week. Before Lindsey's parents left they gave me their blessing to date their daughter which made me extremely happy.

A week or so after Lindsey left I was extremely bored so I decided to go running. Don't ask me why I went running. I just did. After running for a while I hear yelling.

"CAIRO" Someone yells causing me to stop and turn around and see Alex, Allie, their husbands, and their dogs.

"Oh hey guys." I say as they walk over to me and I crouch down and pet their dogs.

"What are you doing here?" Alex says.

"Running."

"Well I can see that, but we are 5 miles from your house."

"Oh well I have one more mile to go then."

"You're running 6 miles?" Allie asks.

"Then running the six miles back."

"Why?" Servando asks.

"I got bored sitting in my house"

"So you decide to go running?" Alex questions.

"Yeah. It's not safe to go in the ocean right now."

"Why?" Allie's husband asks.

"Sharks hunt right now...anyways how was Iceland?"

"Amazing. Thanks for your help Cairo. It helped a lot." Alex says.

"No problem." I say.

"I'm confused." Servando says.

"One night when we were in Portugal Alex and I asked Cairo for helpful things to know for when we were in Iceland." Allie says and the two husbands look at each other and bite their lips.

"Alex...Allie?" I ask.

"Yes Cairo?" They say in unison.

"Did your husbands touch the swans?" The two girls smirk knowing where this is going.

"Why yes they did Cairo." Alex says.

"And what happened?"

"They got fucked up." Allie says and the three of us laugh.

"Alright alright. Enough of that." Servando says and chuckles.

"Well I have 7 more miles to go so I'll see you guys later." I say then hug the girls and say bye to everyone and go back to running.

- - - - -

"Hey Beautiful." I say and see Lindsey blush on Facetime.

"Hi Babe. How was your Christmas?"

"Ehh just another day."

"What?" Lindsey asks dumbfounded.

"Lindsey this is the first year I've given someone a present and/or received presents since I was five."

"Well then your next Christmas is going to be the best ever."

"Your going to have to top this Christmas."

"Oh? And why is this Christmas so great?" She asks playfully.

"I have you." I say and she gets as red as a tomato.

"You know I'm already your girlfriend you don't have to flirt."

"If I didn't flirt than I wouldn't get to see your cute blush."

"Stop Cairo. I can feel the heat in my cheeks." Lindsey says while looking down and smiling.

"Alright...I guess I'll see you in Portugal."

"I guess so. Bye Cairo."

"Bye princess."