Chapter 10

Present...

I walk into the living room but nobody's there anymore and the whole room is dark.

It's 2 am so they should be asleep.

I sneak into the kitchen and pour some water in a glass.

I don't know why but I just can't sleep... Too many thoughts in my head, too many feelings I can't read...

I lean against the kitchen counter and take a nip at the glass of water when I suddenly feel a hand on my back. Large and warm...

"Brook." A deep voice says so I turn around and look into Shawn's brown eyes.

"Shawn..." I whisper and switch between his eyes.

"I love you..." He whispers and takes my hand in his.

"I-I..." Before I could finish my sentence I feel his lips pressed on mine and a knot of fireworks exploding in my belly.

-

I suddenly wake up and open my eyes.

It's totally dark in the room, no shawn, no kitchen.

I look on my phone display and see it's 2am.

Did I just dream this? A kiss with shawn? That he told me he loved me?

I turn the bedside lamp on and look at the photo Brian gave to me.

5 years ago...

"Mendesss!" Someone screams loudly over the whole hall so shawn and I look around.

"Ah Brian! Dude, wassup?" Shawn asks and bro hugs a quite handsome red headed boy.

"Not much, what 'bout you? And wow...." The redheaded boy says as he sees me and smirks at me while looking at me from head to toe.

"Ah Brian, that's Brook, Brook that's my best friend Brian." Shawn introduces us so we shake hands but Brian still stares at me with Lust in his eyes.

"where have you two met?" Brian asks so I look at shawn who's also looking at me.

"We're in the same English and history class." Shawn answers and smiles at me.

Suddenly the ring bells and everyone walks into their classes.

"See you after school at my place?" Brian asks shawn so he nods and hugs him.

"Hope you come too." Brian says to me and smirks before he walks away.

"Only if you want of course..." shawn adds and looks at me a little bit shy.

"Everything's fine." I answer and smile at him before we also walk to our class room.

-

"Ah, there you guys are!" Brian sighs as he opens the door and hugs shawn and me.

"Glad you came." He whispers into my ear while shawn already entered the house.

It's quite big and bright. There are lots of windows so the rooms are in a good lightening.

"Your place is beautiful..." I say impressed as I enter the big living room.

"Thanks." Brian answers shortly and gives us glasses of coke.

We sit down on the comfortable couch and talk about nothing but everything.

Actually I feel really good in this group.

"Let's take a photo." Brian suggests so we all sit closer together with Brian between shawn and me and he takes some selfies.