Chapter 4: Discovery

"How did you manage to come across my name?", Maxwell asked sternly.

"Well.....Mr. Armstrong it's basically my job to know at least the simple details about my client", the lawyer replied.

"Tch...well...sadly for you that's all you'll get to know about me because for starters I didn't asked for a lawyer much less have the money to afford one. So basically mister..... whoever the fuck you are....but you're basically wasting your time", he replied as he broke his gaze from the lawyer and leaned back on the metal chair.

The lawyer looked at Maxwell for a moment the slowly walked back over to his seat as he sat across from his client. He then proceeded to reach for his briefcase resting on the table. Thereafter, he proceeded to pull out a brown envelope out of the case before casually throwing it on the table and flipping it open.

The lawyer gave an audible sigh as he put on and adjust the fine spectacles on his face.

"Maxwell Armstrong. Twenty-six years old, six inches in height, blood type O negative and some other useless information I have no interest in reading. But what does interest me is your military background. Though at a young age you've never had an aspirations of being a soldier, that all change when one day after coming home from school you found out that your father died in the line of duty."

Maxwell eyes began to widen as he listened.

"Although living with just your mother was tough you still persevered despite your constant delinquency. When you were off age you decided to enlist in the army under the alias last name Armstrong. All with the help from your father's best friend, Stenett Jones who cared for you like his own son after your father's passing.",

"Stop...", Maxwell said under his breath.

"From there you proved to be an exceptional talent in the S.A.S that you've gotten promoted to a certain undisclosed Black Ops division headed by none other than Mr. Jones himself. A secret division, that even a very minute set of high ranking government officials could know about. The same divisions that you're father was apart of.",

"Stop!," Maxwell said as he raised his tone a little.

"And even working in that division and conducting so many secret operations, you've had seen your share of even more blood compared to that you've witnessed in the S.A.S. Thus I should mention Operation B-214, the one mission that nearly broke you. Quite unfortunate I must add, even though the mission was completely alot of innocent blood was shed all due to certain..... complica-",

"I SAID STOP!," Maxwell roared as he pound his bandages fist on the metal table.

This caused a few of the police to enter the room to enquire about the noise. The lawyer assured them that there was no need to be concerned and beg them to give him one more minute with his client to which they reluctantly agreed before the exited.

"Who....in the FUCK are you?!", Maxwell asked in a soft yet panicked tone.

"I know you have answers young man...but I'm afraid this is where we have to end this little chit chat", the lawyer said as he rose up from his chair and put the folder back in his briefcase.

"And where the fuck you think-",

"Before you go on your little tantrum Mr. Armstrong I suggest you pay very close attention on what I have to say!", the lawyer snapped before sliding a thin rectangular card on the table to Maxwell.

"In exactly an hour and seventeen minutes from now you'll be a free man. All charges dropped and erased from your record. It would be as if you were never here....and this conversation...never occurred.", he said.