Chapter 3: Home Sweet Home

From being bed ridden in that dark room to sitting in a moving vechile, darkness was all that Maxwell could see. No matter how many times he asked where he was being taken there was always no response. Just clear silence.

Eventually, he gave up and started to fear the worse. He assumed that he'd been captured by the enemy to be taken to some unknown distant location to be tortured in order to extract whatever valuable information he had.

The thought of not being to see his family again terrified him. He had the urge either to scream, to cry or even to use what function of his bandaged mangale body to fight his way out of this situation.

But then he came to his senses and realized that neither of those options would help him especially given the fact he didn't know how many people are in the vechile and any sudden movement would surely result to his death.

He believed that this was his fate and that the only thing he could do was to accept it.....of course doing such a thing was easier to write on paper.

As he was lost in contemplating the vechile suddenly stopped. Silence covered the vacuum inside the vechile. Tension began to build up in Maxwell for that brief moment.

Even though he was a highly trained soldier, taught to handle and survive the worse situation still didn't changed the fact that he was gravely injured which made him completely at the mercy of his captors which in turn made him very.....afraid.

Anticipating the worse, suddenly the tightly secured bag over his head was taken off. He squinted as his eyes adjusted to the rapid stimuli of light.

"Well......we're here," a strange voice said next to him.

As his eyes adjusted he looked and saw a person dressed in black, wearing a mask while sitting callously behind the steering wheel of the car.

"Wha- what in the....?," Maxwell asked.

"Like I said. We're here....This is your house isn't it?," the masked stranger said.

Maxwell began to glared at the house out of the car window as saw what might seems to be his house but he was somewhat skeptic. The structure and the design of house is familiar to him, the street and the adajacent housing in his line of view was recognisable.....but something..felt off to him for some reason.

"What's the matter? I'm sure this is your house. No way our intel could be wrong," the masked stranger said.

"Something's.....not right.....Something's different," Maxwell said.

"Like what?,"

Maxwell turned and stared that the stranger for a moment.

"Why did you bring me here? What sick game are you people playing?," Maxwell asked sternly.

The masked stranger slowly leaned halfway toward Maxwell.

"Listen, you said you wanted to go home to your family right? Well....here you are. There's no games and no tricks being attempted here...Mr. Armstrong," the stranger said with a soft yet chilling voice.

Maxwell turned his attention back to his to his house which were just a mere footsteps away.

"So you'll just let me go....just like that?," he asked.

"Just like that....Mr. Armstrong," the stranger assured.

Maxwell heart slowly bubbled with excitement as his finger pryed open the door.

"But I should warn you though....," the stranger called out as Maxwell put one foot outside the door.

Maxwell froze for a second as he listened.