• remembered with love •

CHAPTER NINETEEN: remembered with love

Sheets crumpled beneath the pair of panting bodies, tangled up in each other's warmth. Breath mingling, limbs twisting, eyes glinting with hunger.

Sweat clung to skin and clothes lay discarded on the floor. Gentle fingers wound together, lips joined in soft passion, hair splayed out across the bed. With one last moan, the couple parted, laying as a tangle of limbs, their chests rising and falling.

"I thought we were gonna try it without a condom this time." Micah was curled up at his boyfriend's side, his head resting on his bare chest, his hair tickling Beau's chin.

Beau sighed, "Babe, I don't think that's a good idea."

"We're both clean — we've been tested." He argued. "What's stopping you?"

"I want us to be safe." He countered.

"Is there someone else?" Micah asked unexpectedly, pulling himself out of Beau's grip. "What is it, Beau — not sure your side hoe is clean?"

Beau rolled his eyes in exasperation, "You've got to be kidding me, Micah." He drawled heavily. "I would never cheat on you."

"You're always sneaking around, hiding stuff from me—"

"Because anything I say nowadays sets you off! You're starting an argument over nothing; over wearing a condom."

"Because I think you're cheating on me! You used to be the biggest fuckboy of Hillford, why wouldn't I be worried?"

"Because I wouldn't do that — I'm not a prick."

"Then stop acting like one!" Micah pushed himself out of Beau's bed and started getting dressed, pulling on his ripped jeans and woolly hat.

Beau heaved an agitated sigh, "For fuck sake, Micah. Come back to bed."

"No." The younger boy snapped, grabbing Beau's leather jacket that was draped over the back of the chair. He turned to his boyfriend with a glare, tugging the jacket on, "And don't say I'm paranoid!"

"You're so fucking bipolar sometimes—"

"Are you serious?" Micah rose his brows threateningly. "Did you seriously just play the bipolar card? Wow. You're an arsehole."

"Micah, relax, I didn't mean it like—"

"I'm leaving. You can invite your fuck buddy over now." He spat bitterly.

Beau hastily pulled on a pair of boxers and leapt out of bed, grabbing Micah's arm before he could leave. "Are you even listening to yourself right now? You're the one who flirts with every guy you see!"

"Yeah, but I never actually do anything with them!"

"Neither do I!" Beau laughed incredulously at the situation, tugging his hair in frustration.

"Fuck you, Sullivan." He turned around to reach for the doorknob, but Beau caught him once more.

"Where are you going?"

"To see my grandparents." He yanked his arm out of his boyfriend's grip and took off.

The silent roads were almost peaceful, the sound of trains rattling along the tracks blurring into the background of his mind. The air was fresh and crisp, the chill biting at his exposed flesh as he made his way to the graveyard. He fished out a packet of cigarettes from the pocket of Beau's leather jacket and lit one impatiently. When the smoke filled up his burning lungs, his eyes fell shut in satisfaction, blowing it out with ease, feeling his insides tingle with the sensation.