Chapter 9

Kristin's POV:

Flashback:

I was 7 years old, runnin in the woods after my 10 year old brother Jake. We were runnin in the woods playin chase.

He was in front of me while I had to chase him. It wasn't rainin but it was drizzlin a little bit though. Jake turned around to see where I was and he wasn't watchin where he was goin so was runnin and tripped over a log in the middle of the path.

He tripped and hit a big rock in front of him. After a couple of minutes, he wasn't gettin up. I decided to walk over to him and make sure he was ok.

" Jake? Are you ok? Jake, please answer me. " I said tryin not to get teary eyed. I flipped him over and I saw a big hole right in the middle of his forehead. I looked at the rock that he hit and noticed that it wasn't rounded. It almost looked like a small mountain but in rock form.

I ran back to our house to get my dad and help me carry Jake back.

Once I got to the house, I burst through the door in tears and my dad was sittin at the table finishin up some work. He asked what was wrong and I told him the entire story makin sure I didn't leave out any details.

Couple hours later....

We were at the hospital and waitin for the doctor to come in and tell us if Jake is ok or not.

She came in and said " Jake took a pretty hard hit to the head to have made a hole that big in his head. It went in pretty far cause it cracked his skull. "

" Will he be ok Mrs. doctor? " I asked. " Sweetie, I don't mean to scare you, but your brother is dead. " she said

END OF FLASH BACK.....

My eyes shot open and I screamed in pain from the memory and the major headache I have right now.

" Kristin, are you ok? "

I knew that voice anywhere.

" Yes Annaclaire I'm fine. I just had a flash back about my brother's death. And a major headache. " I said tryin to smile a little.

" What happened and where's Cody at? " I asked.

She said, " well, Chase Harris hit you with a dodge ball and knocked you out and the answer to the question about Cody... he teachin Chase a lesson about what will happen if Chase hurts you again. "

Oh lord, Cody is gonna get in some trouble if some one catches him.

But I don't blame him.