Chapter 18

Annaclaire's POV:

After our little walk, we headed home with me almost falling asleep. The air blowing out of the black, plastic vents made me shiver. Jake must've noticed because he turned the heat on and my body instantly warmed up.

The rest of the drive was calm and relaxing.

I must have falling asleep because when I woke up, we were pulling into my driveway and Jake lifted his hand from my thigh. I don't even remember him putting his hand there. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I heard the sound of a seatbelt unbuckling and a door opening and closing. Jake got out of the car to come to my side and help me out.

I could've gotten out by myself, but Jake wouldn't have it. I decided to just go with it. We walked to the front porch, hand-in-hand.

" Tomorrow, after school, I'll bring you home and you can get the stuff you need for now and I'll help you pack. " he said with his voice beginning to sound raspy letting me know he is starting to get tired.

" I still have to ask my parents since we just talked about this like less then two hours ago. " I said with a small laugh. My eyes are starting to feel heavy with sleep.

" Okay, well then, I will just change the plans to Tuesday then. "

" Sorry it can't happen tomorrow. I'll let you know right after I talk to them okay? "

" Okay, that's perfectly fine! " He said wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me closer to him.

I laid my head against his chest and stayed there. I could feel and hear his heartbeat. It was a steady beat. Yet, the steady beat was relaxing and I could fall asleep right here here with the sound of his heart beat and I would be perfectly fine.

" How bout I pick you up tomorrow night and you ask your parents in the mornin before school? " He said after a few minutes.

" I'll try. " I say.

" You don't sound very convincin. " he said with a chuckle.

" It's just that... well I don't know... I - I just don't know what they'll say. "

" That's why you ask. "

" Fine, I'll ask. " I said with a small smile.

" That's my girl! " He kissed me softly.

We said our goodbyes and kissed each other before I went inside.

I took my shoes off and set them by the door quietly.

I quietly walked across the kitchen floor and I could hear Blazer following me. He maybe be a big dog, but he is the most quiet out of all three dogs. I could hear his paws quietly walk across the floor to follow me.

I walked up the stairs as quietly as I could. I could see a dim light at the end of the hallway. It was flashing different colors. It was the TV.

My mom must still be up watching it cause I know my dad doesn't stay up late at all, especially to watch TV.

I walked to the door and gently pushed it open. I was right. She was still awake.

" Hey sweetheart, did you have fun? "

" Yes mam, I did. "

" Here... " she said scooting over and patting a spot on the bed for me to sit. " come lay down for a while. "

" Are you seriously watchin the same recordin episode of the Bachelor again? " I said with a small laugh.

She laughed along with me, " yes, I am. This is my favorite episode. "