Hit-and-run

(I'm so fucking sorry this is way too long

Somebody help make it smaller ;w;)

.

Gabby stuck her tongue out of her mouth playfully, then pulled her helmet on over her head. Her  father, the ultimate car geek, had asked her to take Laurie to a very trusted mechanic friend of his, because according to him, the FireBird she owned needed repairs. Bad.

"Now," The redhead started, hopping onto her motorcycle, "I will warn you, Brigitte can be kind of a bitch if you correct her, so don't do that. Just tell her what she needs to know and I'll ride you back home."

"O-Kay, Gabbs."

Laurie closed her car door and turned the key in the ignition, and almost instantly she could tell the car was getting worse. It seemed to let out wheezes now, instead of the warm rumbling she usually heard, and it made her uncomfortable. Mr. Afton told her it would make it to the repair shop, but probably not much further than that.

She heard Gabby rev her engine and then pull out of the driveway, waiting patiently for Laurie to follow. Hesitantly, the blue-haired girl did, unsure of her odd-sounding vehicle. When she made it out, the car sputtered, but didn't die.

"Okay," Laurie breathed, her hands tensing on the wheel, "I'm gonna make it. Hoot hoot!"

As they pulled out of town onto the highway, and they were forced to speed up, the FireBird sent  dark exhaust out the back. Laurie steered so she wasn't in front of any other cars, desperately hoping a cop wouldn't pull up beside her and tell her to pull over for the dark screen. 

Gabby rolled back on her bike, tilted her head in confusion as to why Laurie switched lanes. She put down her window and gestured to the back, and so the redhead looked, before nodding in understanding. She pulled back forward, and turned on her right signal, beginning to move onto the upcoming exit that led into a less populated part of the county. Laurie followed, sighing in relief when nobody else made the turn behind her.

As they pulled away from the highway, and the only sound was of their two engines, the older girl felt a peacefulness about her. The road had turned from a hard, paved surface, to a loose, rocky track, which, (as they traveled further,) became dirt. This exposed the true, untouched nature of the place, which was something the girl loved.

They soon came to a three-way intersection, and here there were a few more cars passing through. Gabby gestured left, and so left they turned, heading further into the wooded area. They passed by small houses, dirt bike tracks, and all like down the trail, until the turned into a driveway, with a house like the others. The only big difference was the three story garage, and to be honest, it looked to be a little much compared to the rest of the neighborhood. 

The duo parked, resulting in a pleasant silence. Laurie stood out of her car, closing the door gently as if scared to disrupt the peace. Gabby, on the other hand, had no fucking respect for the outside world. She threw off her helmet and screamed at the garage, where there was a sudden sound of a door slamming, followed by the stomping of boots on pebble. From around the garage came a maroon redhead, her face covered in freckles and grime.

"You damn Afton kid!" The woman shouted, crossing her arms and stopping in front of Gabby. 

Laurie couldn't help but notice how ripped this person was; their arms specifically bulged with muscle, so much so that Laurie had to move to see the rest of her upper body better. She wore a loose tank top and cargo pants, with elbow-length leather gloves up her arms. How the hell was she not dying from overheating? It was, like, the middle of spring!