Avoid it - Part 1

Alright.
   This was it.
   It was that time of day.
Gabby sighed, closing the stall door behind her. She flipped up the toilet seat with one hand, and with the other, pushed two fingers to the back of her throat. She hadn't quite pinpointed the spot in her mouth that activated the gag reflex, so it took her a moment.
   Then there was one convulsion.
   Then another.
She whipped her hand out of her throat as she vomited. This was not only an eating disorder; this was a coping method.
   A vile coping method.
She threw up again, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. She hated the burn in the back of her throat, but she knew it'd be better if she got all of it out at once.Her knuckles were white, as was her face, as she tossed a third time.
   Gabby wiped her mouth, tiredly, with her sleeve. She stared into the toilet bowl, somewhat proud of herself.
   She had done it again.
   Bravo.
She flushed the toilet, her hands shaking as she did so, then opened the stall door. She smiled at herself in the mirror above the sink.
   "You damn fuckup," she muttered, "That was good."
She washed her hands, then rinsed her mouth out, before leaving the restroom to head back to class.
   The instant the door opened, she knew she fucked up.
   Again.
Gabby stepped out into the hall, humming quietly to herself. She then felt a pair of lithe hands on her shoulders, causing the redhead to spin around in surprise. Her eyes meet with a glare, which was being projected by a very familiar person.
   "What the fuck did you just do in there, Gabbs?" Laurie asked, her voice oddly calm.
   "I took a shit." Gabby said, the phrase being her go-to.
   "And that required you to retch??"
Laurie's concerned tone caught on as she spoke. Gabby then realized that she had been caught almost red-handed, and that alone made her gag.
   "Please, Laurie, this isn't really a good time-"
   "And why the hell is that?" Laurie accused, "Because you were just throwing up, intentionally?"
Laurie's sudden coldness caused Gabby's stomach to practically flip over. She was not only uncomfortable, but she was still sensitive since she had just tossed only a few minutes ago. Her eyes watered.
   "Fuck, Laurie, I can't-!"
Gabby shoved her friend away and bolted back into the bathroom, just in time to puke somewhere safe. Hands planted, trembling, on the sides of a toilet bowl, she retched, her body convulsing as she did so, and vomited for the fourth time that day. She heard Laurie come into the restroom, forcing Gabby into another series of vomiting due to intense anxiety.
When the event came to a close, Gabby stumbled onto her feet, eyes wide in attempt to stay awake.
   She had been physically and mentally drained.
   Just like that. The energy was gone.
Without even bothering to flush, she trudged to the sink. She cupped the water in her hands and splashed her face, ignoring Laurie's stare until the blue-haired girl said something.
"You don't do that for weight loss purposes, do you?"
Gabby gave Laurie a weird look.
"So what if I didn't..?" The way she spoke was slow.
Laurie shrugged, "I don't really have the right to judge you. I cut myself, if you didn't know already."
Gabby recalled back to when it was first found out; Laurien's father had made her wear short sleeves, putting her under the threat of 'a nasty hit to the head' if she didn't. So she had come school, absolutely ashamed of the cuts.
But Gabby was not ready to walk around and tell everybody she threw up for mental and emotional purposes. Also because she couldn't really identify as 'fit'.
She gave a nervous chuckle, slapping a hand to her forehead.
"I'm a stupid fucktard. A trashy fuckup."
"Oh really?" Laurie placed her hands on her hips, smirking at her friend, "I didn't know fuckups were so optimistic about being fuckups."
"Maybe being a fuckup gives me an excuse to fuck up."
"But you ain't no fuckup!"
Gabby smacked her thigh, "No, I'm humorous."
It took her a moment, but Laurie got the joke. She clapped her hands together, shaking her head oh so slowly.
"Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful."
Gabby sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was an absolute wreck; her face was pale, and the area around her eyes was red, and a bit puffy from crying. She glanced at Laurie, who looked deep in thought.
"So... We just gonna leave now? I can walk us home, of you'd be alright with that." Gabby smiled.
"Yeah, we might as well..." Laurie thought for a moment, "Actually, I could drive us. I've got my license."
"Oh really? That's cool."
The duo made their way out into the hall, then outside. The teachers probably didn't even know they left; everybody was in class. Quietly, Laurie unlocked her car, which was, to Gabby's surprise, a Trans Am Firebird.
"Hell, where'd you ever get a beauty like this?" Gabby gave the hood of the car a pat before hopping inside.
"Since when were you into to cars?" Laurie responded, turning the key in the ignition.
"It's a thing on my dad's side."
Gabby put her hands behind her head as Laurie pulled out of the parking lot.
"That's right," she said, "your dad is a professional robotics guy or something, right?"
"Yup, that's about it."
Gabby sniffed, a strong scent of smoke hitting her upside the head. She coughed, covering her mouth with one hand and using the other to roll down the window.
"Ah fuck, sorry..." Laurie rolled down hers as well.
The redhead stuck her head out, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. She observed the houses inhabiting the sides of the road, heaving a breathily sigh. She wondered where Laurie lived, and what her life at home was like.
"Your house or mine?"
The question caught Gabby of guard, forcing her out of thought.
"Yours, if that'd be alright." Gabby glanced at her friend.
Laurie nodded slowly, then pulled the car to the right into a back alley of sorts. She slowed down, then came to a stop next to an apartment.
She switched the car off after putting it in park.
"Just be aware that my family isn't... The best." She frowned, looking Gabby in the eye, "But we should be okay; my parents aren't home from work yet."
She got out and walked up to the door, Gabby following close behind. She opened it, then gestured for Gabby to go inside.
The first thing Gabby noticed was the smell; the room had an extremely strong stench of alcohol, and a bit of smoke was lodged in there as well.
"Damn, you sure aren't kidding..."
"My room's up there," Laurie said, pointing up the closest set of stairs, "It doesn't smell as bad as down here."
The shorter girl followed her blue-haired friend up the steps, being careful not to trip (Gabby seemed to always fall up the stairs somehow). Laurie took her down a short hall, past a door, and then she stopped in front of her own.
"Here it is."
She practically kicked the door open and rushed in, jumping onto her bed with a relaxed sound of happiness. Gabby smirked, amused.
The room was generally small, it had a single-sized bed which was in the far right corner of the room, adjacent to a white dresser. There was also a desk with random objects piled on top of it, on the left side of the room. Then Gabby's eyes landed on a mini fridge, which was at the foot of the bed.
"Oh, you lucky son of a bitch!" Gabby exclaimed.
"What?" Laurie sat up.
Gabby gestured at the mini fridge. Laurie laughed at this, squeaking in surprise as Gabby jumped on the bed next to her. Laurie playfully hit a pillow over her head, her eyes going wide when she felt Gabby wrap her arms around her waist and pull, causing the two of them to tumble onto the floor.
"B-Baby! Watch where you're... Uh..."
It took a moment to notice, but Laurie then realized that Gabby's hands were under her shirt, and the skin-to-skin contact made her shudder. She felt the redhead's breath on her cheek, which was kind of hot in its own way.
"Where'd you learn to call me that?" Gabby tilted her head to the side, a bit confused.
"O-oh, I heard your younger sister call you that at one point in time..." Laurie blushed.
"Mmmokay."
Gabby let go of her friend, then stood up, stretching her arms out above her head. She yawned.
"You got anything to eat?"
"As long as you don't throw it up, you can have something."
"Alright, I'll wait till later..."
The redhead was getting ready to make her way downstairs when the front door of the apartment suddenly slammed shut.
"LAURIEN, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!"