Avoid it --- Part two

"LAURIEN, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!"

Her dad's voice shook the apartment. Laurie pulled Gabby back next to her bed, gesturing for her to crawl under. Gabby gave a reluctant nod, and proceeded to crawl under the bed.
Laurie quickly ran outside her room, shutting the door behind her. Her father was stomping up the stairs, an angry expression plastered on his face.
"Dad, what the hell is the problem?"
"I'll tell you what's the problem, thot," he sneered, "you're skipping your classes to come home and fuck with some girl, you ignorant whore!"
Laurie stepped back, her eyes wide with surprise.
"What the hell makes you think that!?"
Her father held up his phone in front of her face, long enough for her to see that on it was security footage from the school. It was a clip of her and Gabby leaving the building; the time they had left was several hours early.
"I thought I told you that I was into guys!" Laurie stood her ground, although her hands were shaky.
"Lies!"
Laurie felt a sudden, sharp pain zing through her jaw with a quiet crack, causing her to stumble back and almost fall. Her father shook a fist at her so she could see it.
"Where's that friend of yours?" He grabbed the front of her shirt and held her up by it. Laurie squirmed, kicking her legs at him.
"W-why should I tell you?"
She was then violently thrown to the floor, hardly able to push herself up. She was stunned.
Her father kicked her in the stomach and she gagged, clutching her gut in agony as he kicked her again, this time harder. The process went on until Laurie could hardly move, gasping for whatever breath she could get.
"Now," her father hissed, "you're gonna tell me where this girl is, or I'm breaking some bones."
Laurie looked up at her dad, silently praying that he was only saying it. But to her dismay, the cold glare in his eyes caused her to violently shake. He was serious.
The blue-haired girl slowly shook her head.
Her father was a bit shocked, but not for long.
"You had it coming, you little bitch."
He planted a foot on her side, his heavy boots digging into her ribs. Laurie made a weak attempt to push his foot off, and was sadly unable to, due to the pain in her body. She watched in horror as her father lifted up his foot, then stomped down onto her ribcage, causing a loud series of snaps and cracks to echo through the hall.
Alongside this, Laurie was screaming.
She shrieked, feeling bile well up in her throat. Her left arm was completely useless; she couldn't move it.
Tears rushed down her cheeks as she sobbed, hiccuping every few seconds as her father brought his foot back up to stomp on her again.
But then the door to her room swung open and out came Gabby, her face red in anger. The redhead slammed a fist into Laurie's father, causing the man to stumble backwards. He flailed his arms, surprised.
Instead of continuing to attack, Gabby ran to Laurie's side, her expression now scared as hell. Laurie whimpered as her friend tried to pick her up, then released a loud yelp whence Gabby's hand made contact with her ribs.
"Holy shit..." Gabby pulled back, looking for another way.
Just then Laurie's dad grabbed a fistfull of Gabby's hair and yanked back, causing the girl to screech in pain as she was lifted, the adrenaline rush making both their actions rigid while Gabby kicked at him. After managing to get out of his grasp, she shoved him back, and the man misstepped, yelling as he tumbled down the stairs.
With that out of the way, Gabby turned her attention back to Laurie, who's breathing was ragged, and she was making attempts to push herself up, but failing miserably. Gabby crouched next to her friend, running a gentle hand through her blue hair. She felt water welling up in her eyes.
"Out of all the people," she muttered.
Laurie rolled onto her back, letting out another sound of pain. She then looked up, and the two locked eyes.
"Did you try phoning 911..?" The abused girl asked, a little bit of a tremble in her voice.
"No, there's no connection."
Gabby gave a reassuring smile, before reaching her hands underneath Laurie's back in another attempt to pick her up. Laurie cried out, gripping her friend's shoulder as she was hoisted up. Gabby fought hard against her senses, and continued to carry the blue-haired girl down the stairs. At the bottom was a knocked-out father, who was gonna get his ass put in prison.
"Once we get outside," Gabby said, "I'm gonna check whatever injuries you have, then I'll try calling the police again. If there's connection."
Laurie nodded slowly, biting her lip to keep from squeaking in pain. Each step Gabby took sent a flash of stinging, agonizing hurt through the left side of her body, but she figured that she had to put up with it until an ambulance came.
Gabby managed to get the door open, not only to the outside, but to Laurie's car as well. She sat Laurie in the passenger's seat, looking the girl over before gently pulling some of her shirt up, in order to understand how much pain her friend was going through. Laurie shivered from the sudden exposure, somewhat embarrassed.
There were already bruises forming on where the impact had been from her father's angry stomping and kicking, but from what Gabby could tell, it wasn't anything too severe. She shut the door on Laurie's side, and got into the driver's seat, starting the car.
"We're gonna have to drive you to the hospital, cuz I'm not picking up any data what so ever. No Wi-Fi either."
"You don't have a license yet, do you?" Laurie asked, confused.
"Nope. You can give me tips while I drive."
"O-okay..."
Gabby shifted the vehicle into gear, and slowly back out of the alley onto the road, anxiety causing her heart to race. She then gassed it, watching the speedometer as the needle pointed to larger numbers, slowing down a bit until she was driving at one pace. She then tossed Laurie her phone.
"Check and see what connection we have; if we have enough, call."
Laurie nodded.
"Oh," the redhead added, "and my phone's password is 'titty'."
Laurie giggled at that. She proceeded to unlock the phone, then went into dial. She checked the network connection, which was at three bars. Not super good, but it'll have to do.
She tapped in the numbers and put the phone up to her ear, wincing at the pain, but pushing through it.
"You can put them on speaker, if you need."
"Oh yeah..."
Laurie did what was recommended, and at that moment someone on the other side of the line picked up.
"This is 911, what's your emergency?"
Laurie began filling in the story to the lady, starting at the point in time when her father came home.
"What is your current address?" The women's voice was concerned.
"Uhh..."
Gabby pulled the car to the side of the road, and then read the road sign out loud.
"Williams avenue."
"Alright, an ambulance is on the way."
"Thank you!"
The woman hung up, leaving h the two girls to smile and talk with each other. Most of the conversation was about the hospital, and what condition Laurie might be in. Another part of what they talked about was if he police would ask for Gabby's driver's license, which was something she did not possess.
Finally, the ambulance arrived, escorted by an officer. Gabby helped get Laurie out of the car, expressing a sad smile.
"I'll see you later, kiddo." Gabby chirped.
"Yeah," Laurie held her friend's hand, her eyes teary.
"See ya."