Chapter 8

I fall to the ground as soon as the elevator door closed throwing on my blouse I try to process the things that just happen.

What just happen

The pain on my wrists was  so much pain, it will forever be a tainted memory of tonight.

I debated the next morning to either stay home, quit or just move town. I couldn't tell Frank, he wouldn't believe. That incident felt like a sexual horror fiction, replaying in my mind and to tell you the truth I wanted to forget about it.

To be honest I needed the money although I can't let that greed cost me my life of being rape. I swallowed hardly picking up my handbag from the couch, I made sure to get my pepper spray and a small knife.

He hadn't come to the office ever since I was there what makes it sure that I'll come in today.

With a small sigh I exited the house walking to the bus stop.

Work carry on as normal I did everything to avoid Evan eventually he knew what would yet he didn't care or seem to warn.

I was to confuse and soon not even trusting my own eyes.

Strangely I felt the heat still lingering producing even more heat to my core. I fight it, ignoring its soft grip. Suddenly his face pop up in my mind, I stood up shocking myself as I sat once again.

why the heck am I thinking about that thing of a man, the image of handsome with the devilish standards was evading my mind.

"Lola are you all right", a sharp voice began to break my thinking wall I throw Evan a quick nod coming back to my work.

"Are you sure" he asked again this time worried.

"yes, very much so", I said in the most make-believe voice I could find, with the nod of understanding he walked away back to what he was doing before. 

It was the first time today I've talked to him after last night, he made his self occupied he must know something or he knew something of his suppose to be boss.

His secret is hindering to the path of confusing while I knew that it is something bigger.

I play the role of discovering, looking up all possible belief.

"what could that strange man be" I muttered but it all came up blank, with what I'm seeing it must be something out of this world.

but that's not only it, the heat of my body it can't be explained. His whole being gives off the power of a darkness ridden entity. I must be losing my mind the thought of me even thinking these that is a straight line to madness.

The only standstill in my life as now turned  into a turmoil of frustration.

I look through the window of my office seeing the calm movement of the clouds filling my eyes it was almost time to finish this day up. A sudden knock came.

"come in" I said the sound of my office door opens. My back was turned but thinking it was Evan I waited for him to speak.

"Evan I can't wait all day" I spoke turning to face him but I froze, coming to view was the same man that I couldn't stop thinking about but behind him is a quiet Evan giving me a slight smile. 

I was just frozen to the spot looking in his eyes feeling a need so strong linger  behind his orbs but it was covered in an instance it was revealed.

I glance at his perfectly tailored black suit with a matching tie. He looked expensive his black locks gelled down leaving a few stray strands.

He finds my frozen state amusing even a smirk seeing I was checking him out.

I shook my head feeling my settlement of anger coming forward.

"Mr. Davis didn't know the boss was coming, personally at that" I said bite each word with a firm grip.

"Oh yes Lola I forgot to mention" he coyly said smiling at that.

'Asshole'

"It's a pleasure to meet you again love" he spoke gaining my attention, he stare at me with a pleasant smile.

It pisses me off.

I didn't give him the satisfaction of me being weak this time "how may I help you gentlemen" I said with my voice firm as it can get I'm guessing it didn't work as I heard the most powerful roar of a laughter, I looked at him annoyance playing in my poster biting my bottom lip feeling the small pang.

I place my attention on Evan who has remain silent "Evan what brings you here?" I said facing Evan as he held his head up facing me instead of the ground "well Lola we have important things to discuss" his voice proving how serious this matter is.

"what important things?" I question, my curiosity playing a role.

"oh, you'll find out soon enough" devil himself spoke up, guessing from his of his smirk and the look in his eyes caused many emotions to come forward, it's as if my body could sense the same hunger as before.