-Chapter 69-

The next day

I'm startled awake by Friday squawking at me for something, I almost roll over onto Ash who slept in my bed last night.

"God Friday what is it"? I whisper yell messily putting my hair up.

"Sir appears to have broken into the lab" She reports.

I groan what time is it? I look over my shoulder at the clock and groan again it's four thirty in the morning why isn't someone more able bodied handling my dopey brother this early in the morning? I shift into my wheelchair and cover Ash up again I roll down the hallway to the elevator to go down to the lab and true to Friday's word Tony is stumbling around the lab coughing and wheezing but he doesn't stop moving.

"Tony? What are you doing" I ask sharply.

He stops abruptly nearly falling over but he recovers his tenuous balance he has the good sense to look guilty.

"Couldn't sleep- had to brainstorm, snowflake snores" He mumbles waving his hands towards the ceiling.

"You're sick Tony you can't be down here. Bruce wouldn't be happy to know you were down here" I say rolling closer.

He seems to lose all the steam that was keeping him going since he sits heavily on his rolly chair hands braced on his knees, the glow from his arc reactor casting odd shadows in the low light.

"Wanted to plan something for you" He nods towards my wheelchair.

Plan what? A new chair? A small part of me is interested but the other part is yelling at me to get him back to bed rest is the only way for him to get better.

"Really"? I ask.

"Yes it would be hard for you to be an Avenger from that chair. So I am going to design you a prosthetic leg" Tony smiles rubbing his hands together.

Wow.

"Ok you can work on it with Bruce in the morning or rather later in the morning but right now it's time to go back to bed or Bruce will be grumpy with both of us" I chuckle holding my hand out for his.

Gently I pull him along to the elevator I push the button for his floor but he slides to sit on the elevator floor I mentally curse Austin Grant for taking my leg because before that mission I could have at least helped him up and out I sit there watching him for a minute. I sigh when I hear soft snores coming from beside me I drag my hands down my face as the elevator door opens on Tony's penthouse floor but I can't get him inside.

"Friday? Could you get Bucky for me" I ask carding my hand through Tony's hair.

"On it" She replies quietly.

A couple minutes later a rumpled Bucky appears, his hair sticking up in all different directions only sweatpants on.

"He fell asleep" I say looking down at my brother.

"What is he doing in the elevator"? Bucky asks while picking Tony up off the floor.

"Don't tell Bruce but he broke into his lab, he wants to tinker but he gets tired so quickly" I tell him rolling beside him as he carries Tony to bed.

"His secret is safe with me" Bucky says.

He deposits Tony down next to Pepper who got in late last night. Something is nagging at me but I can't put my finger on what it is.

"You've got a look on your face" He observes.

"I guess I do, there's something eating at me and I feel like it has to with Clint and Tasha but I cannot figure out why" I say looking up at him.