-Chapter 53-

Mia point of view

It's quiet in the compound today, Ash is at school, Clint is on an out of state spy mission Nat is at Shield HQ and Tony is at the tower for meetings which is what it's for now. Steve is out on his daily run and Bruce is with Thor a museum in the city.

I'm curled up in my rocking chair by the floor to ceiling windows with a fluffy blanket with a book. Every once in a while I look up to check on Vis who is attempting to cook.

"Ms Stark"? Friday asks.

"Go ahead Friday" I say looking up from my book.

"I have the young miss's principal on the line" Friday says.

"What? Why"? I demand, accidentally startling Vis.

"He wishes to see you and wouldn't provide me with a reason" Friday replies.

I don't like the sound of this, now I have a million questions and scenarios running through my head as to why Ash's principal would need to see me. We've tried to keep who she lives with pretty low key even though 6 uncles and 2 aunts who also happen to be super heroes.

"Ok tell him I will be right there" I tell Friday.

"Yes Miss Stark"

I toss the blanket to the side I put my book on the side table.

"Vis let's go" I say snatching my car keys off the counter top.

"Is everything alright Amelia? You seem troubled" Vis asks while I drive to the school.

"I am troubled I don't like getting calls from Ash's principal in the middle of the day. It makes me uneasy" I say drumming my fingers on the wheel.

I park my car in front of the school.

"Wait here" I tell Vis.

I get out and walk inside looking for anything out of place. I go into the main office.

"You must be Amelia Stark, Mr Allen told us you were on your way" One of the office clerks smiles.

She points me to the right office, I knock lightly.

"Miss Amelia, come in" The principal says standing up to shake my hand.

"You wanted to see me"? I ask sitting down in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"We are concerned about Ashley" He says.

Concerned, my stomach drops with a pit of worry.

"Concerned"? I echo narrowing my eyes.

"Yes, she's been telling her classmates that she lives with the Avengers" He says evenly.

I figured it was about this.

"And that an artificial intelligence helps her do homework" He continues.

"Ok I knew this would happen eventually. She does live with the Avengers, we are her family I am like her mother figure the rest of them are aunts and uncles" I say plainly.

"And yes an artificial intelligence does help her with some of her math homework" I add watching the disbelief on his face.

"So she wasn't making it up"? He asks surprised.

"No, what did you expect my last name is Stark, my brother is Tony Stark. He and I got her registered here" I say shrugging my shoulders at him.

"Of course, we didn't think about that" He says quickly.

"Is this going to be a problem going forward"? I ask him.

"No not anymore now that we know" He nods.