-Chapter 7-

It's been a couple weeks since the guys found out about my powers. Tony and Steve thought it would be a good idea for me to practice gain a better sense of control. Just in case I need to actually defend myself.

I'm laying in my bed at my penthouse when my phone buzzes on my nightstand. It's an alert from Jarvis.
'Sir is having a nightmare'

I throw on a sweater and my slippers and teleport to the tower more specifically Tony's room.

"How bad"? I ask Jarvis.

"Worse than usual, I think taking down those weapons dealers shook somethings loose" He replies smoothly.

I nod and approach the bed where Tony is tossing and turning mumbling in his sleep.

"No! Not jericho" He says more clearly.

I sigh sadly, of course it's that dream. He's back in the cave in Afghanistan with the Ten Rings terror group. The only light in the room is his arc reactor, the soft blue light creating odd shadows around the room.

I sit gently on the edge of the bed, with a very light touch I place my hand on his shoulder. Using the energy in the room I project warmth into his head hoping to push out the cold of the nightmares.
Slowly but surely Tony's features smooth back out, his body stills.

"Thank you Ms Stark" Jarvis says quietly.

"I just wish it wasn't as often" I sigh pulling my hand back slowly.

"As do I" He says.

"Do they others know about his nightmares"? I ask standing up.

"Only Dr Banner but he does not know the true extent of the dreams" Jarvis says sounding almost frustrated.

"Surly they suspect" I say plopping myself down in the leather recliner near the windows.

"Of course they do. Though sir has been careful to conceal his dreams from them" He says.

I nod pulling a blanket over my legs.

"Has it been affecting his work as an Avenger"? I ask leaning my head back.

"Not as of yet but it could" Jarvis says sadly.

I nod and close my eyes.

-morning-

Steve point of view

Clint and I are putting some food together, since Tony, and Nat, Bruce or Thor aren't up yet.

"Captain Rogers, I should inform you an extra place setting is required" Jarvis says.

Clint and I exchange a confused look.

"Who else is here"? I ask him.

"Ms Stark will be joining you for breakfast" He says.

"Mia? Jarvis she's not here" Clint says putting his wisk in the sink.

"Actually I am"

A fourth voice says. I spin around and Mia is standing there in plaid sleep pants and a Harvard university sweater.

"Mia"? I ask.

"I came by late last night, everyone was asleep. By the looks of things in here they still are" She says moving to sit at the island.

"Everything ok" Clint asks leaning on the counter.

"Yeah. I couldn't sleep thought I'd come here since I was already awake" She says pulling the sleeves of her burgundy sweater over her hands.