Chapter 9: Rough Ride

"Are you fucking kidding me?!? A storm?!?" Samus raged, "Can we just take another route??"

Zelda shook her head, "According to my knowledge, this is the fastest way to the Mushroom Kingdom. Any other route could last up to two weeks, which in that time span, many people could be killed. If we want to get there fast, we're gonna have to take this route."

"Or if we wanna die, we can take this route," Link remarked.

"Or if we want our friends to die, we can take the safer route," Zelda replied. Link nodded, "You're right. We should put everyone else first."

Zelda smiled, "Good boy."

"Hey! I top you!"

Samus sneered, "Ew. Keep your sexual talk in the bedroom. I don't need to watch you fuck."

Link smirked, wanting to bug Samus even further, he kissed Zelda's neck, causing her to let out a breathy moan.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SALAD?!"

"Samus... there's no sal-"

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT A MEME IS!?"

Just as Samus said that, the raft jumped a little due to a small wave, causing the trio to yelp.

"That's the first of many, many more...." Zelda muttered.

The sky quickly went from a bright blue color to a dull grey one. The clouds were thick and full, causing heavy rain to fall immediately, soaking them. Already, so much thunder was heard throughout the area, causing them to flinch everytime the clouds roared.

Waves were quick to come as well. The raft went smoothly over the first few, but the ease didn't last long as the waves gradually got bigger, causing the ride to become rougher.

Link crawled over to the sail, grabbing on to the pole-like branch, "Hold on to me!" He yelled, the wind carrying his voice away, making him less audible as he reached out to Zelda and Samus.

Zelda obeyed and grabbed his wrist, gripping it tightly as a way of trying not to let go. Link pulled her in close, his hands rubbing up and down Zelda's arm soothingly, while kissing her hair, taking in the scent of shampoo and rain mixed together.

Samus on the other hand, being the stubborn woman she is, decided she drive the boat, using all her power with he hands to steer the raft.

Link took notice of Samus's intentions and tried to change her mind, "Samus! What are you doing?! You're gonna hurt yourself!"

Samus looked back and glared at him, "What do you think!? I'm trying to steer this stupid raft! And I'm not gonna hurt myself! Stop underestimating me!"

The raft went over another wave, making Link hold Zelda closer and the branch tighter, securing them from rolling around. Samus on the other hand, stumbled on her knees and scraped her elbow, causing her to grip it and lose focus on trying to hold on, making her roll off. She got her entire body underwater, but her quick reflexes kicked in and managed to grip the edge of the raft, pulling herself up quickly.

Link and Zelda watched in horror as they thought Samus would drown, hearts beginning to beat faster. They let out a sigh of relief as the space warrior lifted herself back up on the raft.

"Samus I'm serious! The storm is too rough and you can't match it's strength! And guess what?! The storm will get rougher," Link argued.

"Does it look like I ca- Holy shit!!" Samus cut herself off as she noticed a giant wave heading right towards them.

"Samus! Please!" Zelda pleaded as she extended her arm out to the stubborn blonde.

Samus continued to look at the wave in trauma. She looked to her side to see Zelda's arm, barley within reach. She looked back at the wave, coming even faster and closer, unable to move from fear.

"SAMUS!!"

Zelda let out one last screech as the wave engulfed the raft. Link used all his strength to hold on to the branch and Zelda as the wave flipped them around. It was a really strong one, which caused the raft to break apart. Samus completely fell off, quickly drifting away from the Hylians.

Since Link was an experienced swimmer, thanks to the Zoras, he learnt how to open his eyes underwater. He looked around and noticed Zelda was no longer in his arms, making him gasp and accidentally swallow some salty water. He quickly went to the surface to cough and catch his breath. When he recovered, he wasted no time and went back underwater.

Link looked around frantically, noticing Zelda thrashing her arms and legs, eyes clenched shut, and gradually sinking. He quickly swam over to her and grabbed her by her waist, and bringing her to the surface.

Once there, Zelda took multiple deep breaths. Link noticed the logs of the raft were all over the place. He went over and grabbed one, giving it a similar purpose of a swim ring.

"Hold on to this, baby. I need to go find Samus," Link instructed. Zelda only nodded, still unable to speak.

Link dove down once again, looking around to see if he could find Samus. To make things harder; it was dark and Samus was wearing blue, just like the ocean, making it a challenge for Link to find her.

As he kept looking around, when he looked up, he noticed Zelda wiggling her legs, taking it as a signal to come, he went back to the surface.

"What's wrong? Do you see Samus?" Link asked as he put his hand on her back. Zelda shook her head and pointed straight ahead. Link looked in the direction of her finger, his eyes widened. A wave even bigger than the last was just about to crash on them.

"Fuck!" Link cursed one last time, holding Zelda extremely tight, before the wave hit them, making them swirl around under water.

They didn't know when this storm was going to let up...

Or if they were gonna make it out alive.