Debrief

Sang Sorenson's POV

I nodded at Phil and sat back in my chair between Kota and Brandon, ready to finally understand just what I had gotten myself into. As everyone resettled, Phil spoke once more, "Now, I think the best thing to do would be to fill in Ghost here on your missions and then work our way up to the kidnapping." There were several nods and grunts of approval before he asked, "So, who would like to debrief first?"

Looks were exchanged before Marc cleared his throat, "If it's alright with the Blackbourne team, I think we should go first."

Even though Marc was looking at Blackbourne, Gabriel replied, "Oy! Why the f*ck would you guys go first? Our mission started way before you-"

Marc was persistent, "I just think there are some.... things that need to be explained."

Raven nodded in agreement with a simple, "Da".

The look Gabriel shot them was fascinating as he turned from confusion to irritation in a millisecond, "You f*ckers just want to tell Trouble here about your girlfrie-" Something was definitely weird about the way he said "your"...

"Enough. Mr. Coleman, there is no rush. Mr. Weiland, you may proceed with your mission." Mr. Blackbourne gave a short nod to Marc who looked pleased while Gabriel rolled his eyes, earning a smirk from me.

All eyes turned to Axel as he took over staring straight at me, "Our mission was to investigate the drug trafficking connected to a local high school, Ashley Waters. We are in charge of tracing back the supplier and shutting down the ring."

Axel sat back in his chair and crossed his arms, seemingly finished with his debrief. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows at him, really? That's the debrief?

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so because Marc shot him a look and continued, "Anyways... We had been investigating for a couple of weeks and eventually figured out that this guy, Blake Coaltar," Something in my brain caught onto that name, but I was finally getting answers and was not about to interrupt. "... We caught onto the fact that Coaltar always seemed to be around the areas that the drugs were distributed to. One of the only constants, really. But, he was never caught or charged with anything. He was always just... walking."

Marc paused like that was supposed to mean something to me. When more than half of the men were staring at me I shrugged, "So? Some guy goes for walks? So do I, am I a drug dealer now?"

Some of the guys showed some amusement or a chuckle, but Victor seemed to relax a little which I think I'll file away for later. Thankfully, my Hero, Corey, spoke up with an understanding smile, "Normally, no. However, Coaltar is an extremely wealthy guy who owns a majority of a booming oil company. So for him to be walking around in the slums of Charleston in his expensive tux and Rolex, it was concerning."  

I smiled and nodded at Corey, happy I now understood their reasoning. How the heck was I supposed to know he was some hotshot CEO? Men. "Thank you, Corey." I made sure to put an extra emphasis on his name, seeing as no one else was willing to help me understand. Again, men. "So, this guy is your drug supplier?"

Brandon shook his head, "Not exactly. We suspected he might have a connection with the drugs, but we couldn't ever catch him in the act. So, we decided to lift his phone and keys, to check out his house, business, and contacts."

I smirked at Brandon, kind of impressed, "You lifted his phone?"

Brandon's mouth twitched into an almost smile, "No. I'm not a pick pocket." Silently, I was pretty bummed about that. I absolutely cannot pick someones pocket. No matter how much I try, I always give myself away. There were several missions where not being able to pick a pocket has caused me a lot of grief. I was hoping he was a pick pocket, maybe he could have taught me a few things. Brandon continued, "We usually use Luke for that."