Ch. 7

Percy POV
"Wha-?!" Annabeth stared at me, shocked.

So many thoughts and emotions were running through my head, it felt like it was going to explode. "I should've known," I mumbled. I stood up and put some distance between myself and Annabeth/Athena.

"Percy, let me explain. Please."

I turned around to look her in the eyes. "What could you say to fix all this? You left me? But you came back as Athena? How long have you known?"

Annabeth stood up and grabbed my hands. "Just calm down a second. Some of the things I did were stupid, but you need to let me explain the situation." I sat down on my bed again and rested my head in my hands. After taking a few deep breaths, I looked up to see Annabeth looking at me anxiously.

"Ready?" I nodded. "Well, Titan found out who I am so I disappeared. I'm sorry, but I felt that was the best thing to do at the time. I couldn't explain that to you because I thought you were just a normal guy.

"I moved across town and turned Athena into my full time identity. Aqua-boy was the only person I could stay in contact with. Tonight you sounded worried and sad so I wanted to make sure my only friend at the moment was okay. Then I saw you take off your suit, and realized you are... you. Then I couldn't help myself from talking to you, being with you." Annabeth teared up. "I'm so so sorry."

I instinctively stood and pulled her into my arms. "I forgive you. You had to make a tough decision." I kissed the top of her head. "I guess I can't really get mad at you for not telling me who you were since I didn't either, but now things can be different. I'm here for you."

Annabeth stepped back and gave me a small smile. "Ugh, you're so kind and understanding. I'm lucky I have a boyfriend like you."

"Who is he? You moved on that fast? No wonder you wouldn't return my calls."

Annabeth playfully hit me. "Stop messing around or else I'll break up with you!"

I gasped in shock. "Again? How could you do this to me?!" Annabeth frowned, and I smirked. "You know I'm messing around. But knowing you are Athena really makes my life a lot easier since I had a crush on both of you."

Now it was Annabeth's turn to mess with me. "My boyfriend was in love with another woman?!"

I laughed, picked her up and spun her around. "Stop messing with my head, woman! I'm going crazy!" And then I collapsed on my bed with Annabeth in my arms.

After we stopped laughing, Annabeth sighed and said, "We are so messed up."

"At least we can be messed up together," I said as we looked into each other's eyes.

I took a second to process all the crazy stuff that happened in the last hour. Annabeth was Athena this whole time which explained a lot. She was both my girlfriend in my normal life and my partner in fighting crime. How could I be so lucky?

"What?" Annabeth whispered, mildly amused.

I realized I had been smiling and staring at her for a minute or two. "Sorry, I just got lost in thought."

"Percy, I really am so so sorry for all the pain and confusion I caused," she confessed again.

I sat up, pulling Annabeth up with me. Then I took her hands in mine and turned so we were sitting facing each other.

"Don't apologize anymore. I forgive you, and I probably would have done something similar in your situation."

Annabeth squeezed my hands. "Thank you."

I smiled. "I actually kind of happy this happened because now we both know each other's big secret."

Annabeth smiled back at me. "That's true. It feels like everything makes sense now, even if I still need to deal with Titan."

I groaned. "Oh, crap. I forgot about that jerk. He's going to pay for messing with the woman I love."

Annabeth gave me a soft kiss.

I raised an eyebrow. "What was that for?"

"I love you," she said, and then my heart felt it was going to burst with joy.

"I love you, too."

Sorry for the slow update. I'm going to try to not take so long for the next chapter. In the meantime, check out my other stories if you want to read more Percabeth stories. Thanks.
-L