Ch. 4

Percy POV

"You're late."

I turned around to see Jason standing below me on the fire escape.

"Sorry, I was just busy giving Athena my number," I said with a grin.

Jason stared at me in disbelief. "You're joking."

I shook my head. "We are going to be partners."

"Well, this must be your lucky night because the girl you're meeting hasn't showed up yet either. Here's your clothes. I want you inside in 5 minutes." Jason handed me my backpack and climbed inside a window.

Jason must have dug really deep in my closet because I barely recognized the clothes he gave me. Black jeans, blue t-shirt, black converse. Wait. Black skinny jeans and a tight blue t-shirt. I chuckled. Jason probably had fun finding something for me to wear.

I went inside the same window Jason went through and ended up in someone's bedroom. It must've been a Piper's roommate's room because I heard the party on the other side of the door. I walk towards the door, but something catches my eye. Next to the bed was a picture of Piper and ... Annabeth, the girl from my Home Ed class. Was she-?

Suddenly the door opened, and someone slipped in. They turned on the lights and closed the door before turning around.

"Percy?"

Annabeth POV

What was Percy doing in my room?!

I had just got home and was going to change into a dress for the party because I was currently wearing blue jeans and a crew neck sweatshirt. Now a hot guy (that I may have a teensy crush on) was standing in my bedroom while I held a backpack containing all my Athena gear.

"What are you doing in here?" I said.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "IwasjusttalkingtoJasononthefireescapeand-"

He rambled on, but I zoned out because I couldn't believe how cute he looked when he was nervous. How can he be so attractive? I don't think it's possible!

"Annabeth, are you listening?"

I suddenly realized he was staring at me waiting for a reply which made me blush from embarrassment.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. It's okay, Percy."

His shoulders relaxed a little. "Sorry. I'm a little nervous. My roommate is having me meet a girl tonight so..."

My feelings sunk a little. Of course. He had a date. All the good guys are taken. Then I remembered. Piper was setting me up tonight, too. What if...?

Before I could get my hopes up too much, Percy headed towards the door. "I should probably go now." When he was halfway through the door, looked at me and asked, "Will I be seeing you again tonight?"

"I hope so."

He smiled at me in a way that made shivers go down my spine. "Then I'll see you later."

The door closed, and I quickly started looking for something to wear. I found a light blue dress and put it on. Then I fixed up my hair and reapplied my makeup. I was ready to go.