Chapter 14: Mixed Feelings

Ryker's POV (While Blake was still unconscious)

Ryker looked on as he saw Morgan had everything set up for the ritual. According to her, they had to move Blake from the hospital wing to block out distractions. He was silently praying to the moon goddess, in hope that this would work.

"Are you sure this will work?" Ryker asked for the billionth time.

"I told you for the utmost time, yes!" Morgan snapped feeling annoyed by this Alpha's repeated questioning. "This isn't my first time breaking a blood spell."

"So you can break it easily?"

"Now I didn't say that?" Morgan corrected Ryker. "Blood spells are not easy to dispel like a simple incantation. They are serious business."

Morgan continued her preparations for a few more minutes and then she was finally ready.

"Now, there's one last thing I need," Morgan said walking up to Ryker.

"Which is?"

"Some of your blood," She smiled.

"What?!"

Morgan explained that to help to break the spell, some of his blood is required for the ritual. At first, Ryker was dubious to offering his blood to something he didn't understand, but he sensed no bad intentions from her and also it was for his mate's well being. Without a second thought, he agreed.

Morgan grabbed his hand and withdrew a knife from her boot and with one quick cut, Ryker's palm was bleeding. Then she grabbed a breaker and catch the blood into it. It's a good thing that werewolves can heal quickly. The ritual began, with Morgan pouring the blood in the bowl on the ritual table. She started opening a different kinds of vials, poured the content of each one into the bowl of blood and began to mix them.

While Morgan stirred, she muttered a few words in Latin. Ryker knew of the language because most of the werewolf culture revolved around it, but mostly the elders are the ones who truly knew how to speak it. Morgan seemed to be finished because she rested her stirring stick and moved towards Blake with the bowl in her hands. Ryker watched her with careful eyes, as she dipped her thumb into the wooden bowl, passed it across Blake's forehead and then rested her hand there and closed her eyes once again.

"Oh one who sleeps with the rest of no end," Morgan spoke out aloud. "I command to awake!"

As Morgan finished her enchantment, a strong power equal to that of a shockwave, gave out, everything in the room was knock over and Ryker and Morgan were knocked off their feet. They both groaned in pain from their impact with the floor, rubbing the sections of their body that held lingering pain. Just then, Blake began to stir and then she opened her eyes but closed them quickly again due to her eyes that haven't adjusted to the light yet.

"Where am I?" She asked as she blinked her eyes rapidly, hoping to get her sight back.

When she did, she saw Ryker standing a few feet away from her and a look of relief and... love? Was on his face. Before Blake knew what she was doing, she was walking up to Ryker and she wrapped her arms around his torso. This shocked Ryker greatly, but at the same time, he was very much enjoying the comfort of his mate. Like in a trance, Blake looked up in his eyes and moved ever so closer to his lips, until she was flat out kissing him. Ryker and his wolf was loving this and deepened the kiss. Just before the kiss could get more intimate, Blake seemed to have snapped out of whatever spell she was under, wiggled out of Ryker's hold, pushed him back and slapped him across his face.

"What hell?! What was that?! These feelings... they aren't mine! What's going on here?!" She yelled out, wiping her lips. Ryker was stunned, but he wasn't all that surprised.

"It's the mate bond..." He answered so glumly. "After marking, you are connected to your mate mentally, physically and emotionally. So it's kind of easy for one to confuse their mate's feelings for their own. But more importantly, how are you feeling?"

"I feel great... REALLY great..." Blake replied sarcastically. "I was bitten by a mutt, was in a coma, just woke up from a said coma and then kissed the guy that got me wrapped up in this crazy shit, to begin with! So yeah... I feel just peachy."

"Look, Blake, I am so sorry. I just..." Ryker start

"It's okay,"

"Wait, what?"

"I said it's fine," Blake repeated herself. "I guess I am still reeling from this whole mess. Thanks to you biting me, I was able to remember most of my life that I lost. And now I've found out that I am a witch. And by the look on your face, it seems that you've figured it out too.

"So what now?" Ryker came and grabbed her hand.

"I am not quite sure myself," Blake answered, removing her hand from Ryker gripe. "Ryker, don't get me wrong, now that I have my memory back, I understand the supernatural world better, but... What your kind and vampires did... I still just can't forget that. I-I just need some time to think all of this through."

With that said, Blake left the room, still in her hospital gown. Leaving Ryker feeling rejected again. Morgon after recovering from the shockwave, stood there at the side of the room, watching what transpired. She could understand Blake's conflict and struggles that she going through, but she had faith that it will all work out.

Author's Notes

Hey, everyone, it's been a while. I have been busy other things and writer's block is no joker either, so sorry for not posting. But anywho... I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!