Chapter 10: New Sister And a New Enemy

Blake was still standing there a little surprised by this new figure. Kelly was the exact opposite of her brother. Where Ryker had a intimidating and scary aura, Kelly was giving off a nice, warm atmosphere to the air. Yup, definitely polar opposites. Kelly had the same brown hair and blue eyes like her brother did, but that is their only similarities.

After they finished familiarized each others features, Kelly broke the silence.

"Why were you crying?" Was her question. "No offense but your eyes look terrible."

Blake cast her eyes towards the floor and then letting a long, tired-sounding sigh, she explained what happened. She explained everything to Kelly from the first encounter with Ryker to the grounding.

By the end of the explanation, Kelly was upset. She suddenly rose from her spot on the bed and made her way to the door.

"What where are you going?" Blake asked, catching Kelly by her wrist.

"Where else? I am going talk and knock some sense into my idiot of a brother!" Kelly growled.

"Hold on a sec, will ya?" Blake said pulling her back again. "Believe me, the last thing I want to do is to see the jerk now. He isn't worth it..."

It was too soon for a confrontation with Ryker, Blake wanted to nothing more, but to keep far away from him. Because, if they'd met, it would get real ugly real fast. She was upset with the whole situation she was in, but she needed to keep calm, collected mind. Just then, some weird loud sound knocked Blake out of her thoughts.

Kelly was soothing her stomach and gave a confused Blake an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I really hungry right now," Kelly explained. "Mate issues really work up an appetite."

Blake laughing along with Kelly, left the room to get some food with her. When they got down to down the stairs they made their to the kitchen. Kelly offered to make them sandwiches and asked want kind she wanted. Blake responded with fried salami with swiz cheese and then Kelly left her by counter. Blake taking a good look around, noticed there was a good number of wolves in the lounge room, and humans too.

Some humans were working and clean, while others were sitting down laughing and talking with their mates.

This isn't fair! Blake thought.

She was still bitter about how the supernaturals have taken over a good bit of world. Humans struggle to get a decent meal, let alone life a prosperous life. But no, humans who once had normal life, oblivious to the fairytales that were suppose to be make believe, are now at their mercy. Going hungry, being snatch from their loved one and death... It just wasn't fair.

Blake was knocked out of her thoughts when Kelly came back with her sandwich. She placed the sandwich down on a plate in front of Blake, while munching on her own. Then Blake took a big bite, moaning at the delicious flavors in her mouth. While they were eating, a question suddenly popped in Blake's head.

"Hey, Kelly?" Blake said, gaining the attention of her new friend. "What is your opinion on the war and life now?"

Kelly froze for a moment with a frown appearing on her face.

"In all honesty, I hated how it happened," She clarified, earning a surprised look from Blake. "A few years ago, before the war, I was in a boarding school in Colorado. I had some friends that were human there."

"One day, we were all in the girl's lounge, hanging out. We turned on the T.V to watch America's Got Talent, but then a breaking news report appeared.... That was when war was declared.

After the whole broadcast, the school was in chaos. Weres and Vamps that were students were taking and kidnapping others students that were their mates, Other supernatural from outside the school were running a muk and those who tried to release were killed and used to make an example of what was to come.

My friends were ripped away from me. And out of the blue, warriors from my pack came by order of my father to retrieved me. Then, we were on the first earlier and fastest flight home."

After that explanation, Kelly's eyes were tearing up from the remembrance of her dear friends. Blake, feeling sorry for Kelly, placed a friendly hand on her shoulder trying to lift her spirits. Kelly looked up and smiled at Blake's kindness.

Soon after, Blake changed topics and they continued on chatting and some small talk. The thought never crossed Blake's mind... that she would actually get along with a supernatural. Huh... who would've thought.

The day ended and there was still no sign of Ryker, much to Blake's relief anyway. Blake was already for bed. She had thrown a few pillows on the floor with a blanket as well. There was no way that she was sleeping in the same bed with Ryker. Just as she was going to sleep, a knock sounded out.

She knew it wasn't Ryker because this was his room, why would he knock. She assumed it be Kelly, coming to check up on her. She walked up to the door, opened it and was... surprised to say the least.

On the other side of the door was a petite girl that scream slut. In fact she gave the word a whole new definition. Her face was caked with make-up, her perfume was really strong and really cheap that it almost makes you gag with one whiff, bleached-blond hair and clothes that she was wearing were so tight and revealing you swear she stole them from a toddler. When she saw Blake, her face scrunched up in disgust.

"Who are you?" Blake asked breaking the silence.

"Who are you?" The girl fired back.

"I asked you first"

"Well, I'm Emma," The girl introduced herself with a smirk on her face. "Alpha Ryker's girlfriend and future Luna."

———————
A/N
Hey everyone... These last few weeks have been crazy. I had some issues at work and now my computer broke down on me. So now I have to use my phone. I hope you guys like this chapter. Later.

songbird125