Chapter 5: Self Sacrifice

Sorry this took so long guys, but writer's block is a b!tch. I have been really busy lately, but without further ado, let get started.
-------------------------------------------

Back at the werewolf packhouse, that was close by to the abandoned city, The Alpha was readying his warriors. His warriors were lined up in front of him, ready to follow any order from their Alpha.

"I want our mate! I want her in our arms, now!" The Alpha's wolf demanded.

"Relax, we will have her,"

The Alpha stopped abruptly in front of them and turned directly facing them.

"The time to calm my mate and your Luna is upon us," The Alpha announced to his warriors. "Now when our spies report in we will-,"

He was suddenly cut himself off and his eyes glossed over. He was being contacted via a message from his spies via mind link, his spies have something.

"Alpha! The human colony is on the move!" The Head leader of his stealth unit stated.

"Where are they now?" The Alpha questioned.

"They are taking the path in the meadow, which leads to the valley, If they get beyond that point they will be in No-Man's Land."

"We are on our way, send us a mental image and don't lose them!"

"Yes, Alpha," And with that, they shut off their link.

"Okay men, that was the signal, we leave now!" The Alpha declared and the cheers of his men roared into the air.

The Colony of humans was bravely making their way through the peaceful meadow. They had to wake up really early in order to get a head start on the wolves. So they had packed up camp last night and set out on their trucks and jeeps toward the valley.

"I can't believe we had to wake up this early," Beth yawned.

"It's either wake up early or be captured by wolves," Blake said.

"I not the one being chased by an Alpha," Beth countered.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that,"

"So where are we heading, anyway?" Alvin asked.

"The chief said that there was a valley up ahead which leads to No-Man's Land," Ivan explained while driving the others in hid jeep. "The wolves won't be able to follow us there."

"I just hope you're right," Blake sighed.

They continued the rest of the ride in silence. They still had a long way to go, if they wanted to reach the valley in time before dark.

As time went by, Blake wondered why she was mated to a wolf in the first. What kind of cruel mystical force would punish her with this kind of cruel faith? She had good and kind to others who deserved it and killed and kicked the asses of bad. But she guessed she just unlucky.

"This bites..." Blake thought gloomily.

Somewhere, along the way, the colony stop for a break to eat and rebuild their strength. While the adults double-checked their essentials, the children ran around playing.

Blake and her friends, on the other hand, were training to polish their skills for their next encounter with any wolves at any time. It looked like it was going to be smooth sailing from there on. However, faith loved to prove everyone wrong.

Howls were being heard from the distance and just above the horizon, wolves began pouring out the woods. Blake and the others were shocked how could they found them so quickly?