12. The Longest Night Cubed

                                                                             Chapter 20-7 +7-7

                                                             The Longest Night Cubed 

"You're some father," I barked at Dad, swinging him by the elbow and into the cluttered broom closet. 

I closed the door behind him and he turnd on the single bulb.

I grabbed a broom and pointed it at him. "What kind of dark magic and evil spells do you know, and have cast on Price, dad?"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed the mopped, striking it agaisnt my broom, like they were swords. He pressed on it, and I slid back a bit. "I have no idea what you are talking about, Jer," he said. "I'm your father and you will remove this broom out of my face before I tell your mother."

"Mother?" I spat. I spay twice. THRICE at the word. "That's how much you care about my mother."

Dad's eyes narrowed. "This has gone on for long enough," he barked at me. "You want Price's hand? Fight me for it."

I asdfghjkl-ed. "What makes you think I want Price's hand, hmm?" I asked, queried, demanded. "Maybe I just believe in the sanctity of marriage, or maybe I don't agree with underage relationships or maybe I just don't like the idea that my best friend in the whole wide world and my Dad are butt buddies!"

"You love him, you oaf!"  he shouted. He pressed his mop sword against mine. I fought it and managed to push him off, swinging my broom sword and it clashed into his. 

"I am not gay, Dad!" I shouted. "I think I'd know if I was gay."

"Really?" he asked. "You didn't know you were lactose intolerant until you were six."

"Hives are a naturally occuring thing in nature," I said.

"For bees," he answered, flabergasted, smeckledorfed (which isn't even a word, but I bet some poeple would agree with him). 

"I am not in love with Price Bigg," I said. "I just find him to be a nice, caring, beautiful individual with the perfect hair and eyes...and like, the cutest laugh and the most generous smile......and like, fuck, when he cheers me on at the pool when I'm swimming, I just feel like I can do anything and GOD DAMNIT okay so what if I'm in love with him?" I SHOUTED. "There! I said it! I'm in love with him. Happy?"

"NO." he said. "You raised your broom sword to your own father. You want Price's hand, you're gonna have to battle me for it." 

The door opened at that moment and Micah stuck his head in. "I'm not sure if you guys realize this, but you're not in some secret bunker - why are you holding a broom and a mop, don't answer that - and also loud as fuck."