11. The Longest Night Squared

RECAP

Price Bigg is in love with Jeremy.

Jeremy Smalle over hears a conversation with Jeremy and his dad and interprets it incorrectly (a literal understatement).

The Gang thinks Tina is cheating on Mario.

It's Jeremy's birthday night.

Jeremy thinks Price is having an affair with his Dad.

Solving For X

The Longest Night Squared 

Bigg

I was beginning to think that Jeremy might more insane that I had previously thought possible. Which was a combination of words I thought I'd never say.

He had begun walking around, aimlessly through his house as we planned this surprise party for him. Sure, the surprise part of it was moot, but still. We were throwing him a 90s party and if there is one decade that teenagers love to praise despite being infants and not really remembering any of it besides maybe crapping in their diapers and a vague remembrance of the Rock's Modern Life theme song, it's the 90s.

Everyone was coming.

"What's up his ass?" Rory asked from beside me. Tying the end of a balloon. "He's ben pacing like that for a while now."

I shook my head and tied a red one and putting with the other rainbow mismatch of balloons that were 1 ft. 6 inches in front of us. "I honestly have no clue," I said. "Jeremy has always been a paradox to me." I could solve almost every mathematical problem put in front of me, but Jeremy was an equation I'd never been able to solve. It was as if one of his variables were missing.

"I think he's finally lost it," Rory muttered as we watched Jer kicked balloons and streamers, smearing them all over the floor with his feet. "Maybe he's finally reached the level of stupid that his brain can handle and now his body is malfunctioning."

"He's not a robot," I said. But then again, I've never really seen him drink water. "Right?" What am I saying, he swims in the stuff; he might as well be part Dolphin. I might as well call him Ariel. I shook my head and narrowed my eyes at Coppercunt. "Look, this is your fault to begin with."

"My fault?" he hissed, softly so that Jeremy wouldn't t hear. "It was Joy's idea to have us fake like we were getting busy."

"You went with it!"

"You did too!"

"I was persuaded!"

"So was I!"

"Ugh!"

"Ugh!!"

"UGH!" Jeremy shouted. "Can you to please stop whispering over there?" he asked, annoyed; mouth twisting and convulsing and twitching as he ran his hands through his hair frantically, ruining it. "I'm in the middle of a very serious identity crisis, I have a party I must attend and The freaking Mooners," he looked out the window and probably into the Mooners' front window, "Are up to something." He picked up the binoculars he had set on the table and peered out the window though them.

Rory bit his lip. "I honestly don't know what you see in him," he said. "He's crazy."

"Yeah well," I responded. "Crazy's good when your favorite thing to do is solve math problems."