3. Bad Idea To The Ninth Power

VOTE and COMMENT for more cute, clueless boys. 

                       Chapter 0, _, 6,9,12,15,18

                                "Bad Idea^9"

I Do Adore – Mindy Gledhill

 Bigg

“Do you come to these things just to see Jeremy in a pair of speedos?”

“Is it that obvious?”

Joy shrugged and sat down. "I'm  an experienced Fag Hag and I've been a beard for three years, for two different guys. I guess I'm an expert at pinpointing when a boy is daydreaming about licking lewd things off of another boy's chest."

She had her swimsuit thing still on, but she had thrown a ripped pair of short jeans over them. She kept her distance, but that was probably not to wet me.

“You know,” she began, “Jeremy isn't that attractive,” she argued. I was going to rebut, because yes, Jeremy was that attractive, but she stopped me with her hands. “I mean, hear me out. He’s nice to look at and I guess the whole gross boy, clueless best friend thing is in this season, but come on. There’s a whole lot of other fish in the sea, and most of them are better at math than he is.”

“I actually agree with the last part.”

Joy rolled her eyes. “Look,” she said, scooting a bit over and pointing toward the boys. There were 12 of them, all huddled together messing around. The girls were off in some other corner, stretching. “Look at him for instance, Taylor Mosby, dark skinned, tall, biology genius.” She looked at me. “Word on the street is if that you get enough Budweiser’s into him, he’d kiss llama. I’m pretty sure he’d get with you all the same.”

“Why does it sound like you’re comparing me to a species of useless goat?”

She crossed her legs. “Rory," she said, pointing to him. Rory was Jer’s swim team best friend, who he also hung out with outside of the team. Rory and I, when I remembered that he existed and vice versa, didn’t get along. Why? He was really into Literature.

Literature and Math are like The United States and Russia; they just weren't going to get along.

Math depended on factual information, precise computations to come to logical conclusions. Literature just made shit up as it went.

You can’t bend rules in Math. There is one clear answer for every question. In Literature, you bend rules until they looked like parabolas.

You’re not supposed to start sentences with the word ‘and’, but you still can because of ‘artistic vision’ or ‘writer’s style’. And to think that thing was considered an art form. Was that previous sentences correct? Yes? No? Maybe? In some instances? Who knows? I don’t!

“Rory’s…not on the menu," I grimaced. “Just no.”

Joy sighed. “Price. He’s never going to realized what he’s missing until it’s missed.”

“His loss…” I trailed. “Besides, teen relationships, especially between friends, always end messy. And it’s going to be really awkward when we break up over him mixing up permutations with combinations.”

She blinked. “You really need to get out more.”

I exhaled sharply. “Agreed.”

The silence had taken over; it filled the bit of space she had kept between us. Then she moved closer and closed the gap. She was dry by now. Her eyes were curiously brown. I could see the gears in her head grinding away.“What…if you dated Rory…but, you didn’t actually date Rory.”