10. The Longest Night

[This A/N will be here for a week before being deleted]

Originally, this was three chapters combined into one. However, as I wrote it, I realized that too much was happening too fast and that the POV switches were very annoying and so I decided to break it up into three final chapters (not including the brief epilogue). Thus, these chapters together were about ten pages, however, split part they are a bit shorter (this one is 3 or 4v pages, while the other two are about 4 or 5 pre-editing).  Yes, the absurdity of this situation is still rising and will reach its fever pitch in these three chapters (The Longest Night; Longest Night Squared; Longest Night Cubed). Math problems will abound in Price’s chapter, but for now, enjoy Jeremy’s unique brand of crazy. Enjoy! Vote & Comment!  

                                                                            Chapter X 

                                                                    The Longest Night

Smalle

It turned out that Price being in love with my dad, and them having a secret relationship wasn’t the only thing they were keeping from me. They were also planning my surprise 17th birthday party  behind my back, which led me to ponder to myself when all of the deceit and lies would end?

The only reason I found out was because I was snooping on them downstairs in the kitchen one night as they talked with hushed voices, like cockroaches eating pieces of popcorn on a counter-top. I walked in, expecting to find them frenching or at the very least humping, but instead found them with a box of streamers flooding over to the ground, and packets of balloons littering the kitchen counter.

As much as I love my best friend and my dad I didn’t want them throwing any parties for me. Price was Price and my Dad didn’t know a good party if he married it (and then proceeded to cheat on it with a younger man, who is also his sons best friend/ I am not okay with this.) So, I took over, or at least Rory and Ivy did.

Within the week, we tried to finalize this thing while also keeping an eye on my dad and Price. Daunting task, I realized.

“Dylan, Erin, Josh, Michaela, Stephen-”

“Wait,” I said.

 Rory’s voice faltered and he looked up from the sheet of paper in his hands. He seemed like he was going to rest it on top of the coffee table in my living room, but probably to decide against it. I assumed he knew I planned to rip it up and feed it to wild birds. “What is it this time?” he asked, sounding annoyed already. I hadn’t even said anything yet. Sheesh.

“Who invited Stephen?” I asked, staring down at my copy of the invite list all laser beam like. It was fucking stupid enough that I had to come up with a list to invite people to my party (when has that ever stopped anyone from going to a party ever?), but I drew the fucking line at inviting Stephen. I know, I know, irony.

Rory, ruffled the paper in his hand, but didn’t backsass (yet). He just shook his head and sighed. “Stephen hasn’t done anything to you, Jeremy.”

“He’s a Mooner,” I shot back. “He’s guilty by alien-association.”

Rory looked like he was done with me (this was his normal face). “Dude, he’s just a guy. A really hot guy. He’s not some alien life-form.”