Chapter 24- Daniel

A/N: This book is finally done. Idk how I feel about it, but I will worry about editing everything later. There is a third book in the series, and it's called Myth's Friend. The third book has been posted.

~Rissa

________________________________________________________________________

I slammed into the lava river and was tossed around with the current. I tried to swim towards the surface of the river, but every time I was able to break free, I was back down time and time again.

After the third time that of me trying to break free from this river, I was pulled all the way down and everything went black.

🔥🔥🔥

I groaned as I came to, feeling rather sluggish and confused. I had no idea where I was, and all I knew was that I was alive and laying on something hard.

Someone placed a gentle hand on my forehead before pulling away when I shifted. "Come on, Young One," a gentle voice said. "Open your eyes. You have to answer some questions especially since you are the first person to travel here in ten years."

I opened my eyes and blinked, noticing that a lady was kneeling over me as well as men holding spears. I sat up with the help of the lady and looked around, cautiously. I saw that there was a lot of people gathered around, staring at me as if I was some sort of weird creature.

"What is your name, Boy?" a male asked, causing me to look that way. He looked very intimidating especially with the helmet he was wearing.

This helmet covered his whole face and the only thing that I could see was brown eyes staring at me. The helmet was painted brown with this grinning smile bearing down at me.

The male was holding a spear closer to me than the others, and I had a feeling that this person was the leader. "Answer me," he said. "Who are you? Who sent you?"

"Your Majesty," the lady beside me scolded. "Let him get his breath. Poor boy fell through the ceiling only a few minutes ago."

I looked at her before looking at the male who was staring at me. "Um..." I cleared my throat. "I'm Daniel," I said, my voice cracking. My throat was dry, and it was hard for me to talk. "I don't know my last name," I said, honestly.

"How did you get here?" the male, King, asked. "Did you come alone?"

I hesitated but shook my head no. "I didn't come here alone," I said, causing people to look at each other and then at me. "I came from the portal on New Earth in Death Valley."

"With who?" he asked.

"Princess Eira," I said, wracking my brain for her real last name and not the one that she normally used. "I don't know her last name, but I know that she is from Angesia."

They looked at each other before looking at me.

"What relationship do you have with the Princess?" he asked.

"I am the Fire Holder? Or... that is what I have been training for the past couple of months," I replied, hesitantly.

Again they looked at each other before looking at me. "Show me," he said.

"The necklace, Dear," the lady said, seeing me become hesitant. Her voice shook, and I couldn't understand why. "Show him the necklace."

Hesitantly, I did what I was told to do and pulled the necklace from underneath my shirt. I was a little surprised that I didn't feel the other one, but I didn't question it.

Excited whispers filled the air around us. People kept saying 'it's him' and 'we're saved' and other stuff as well as thanking the Gods for keeping us alive.