Chapter 13- Daniel (Edited)

I didn't know this feeling. I had never felt it before. However, as soon as Eira's mother placed her arms around me, I felt it. I felt safe and loved, foreign feelings from a guy who only looked after himself. I felt like they would protect me, but I couldn't understand why.

Eira's mother squeezed my shoulder before pulling away, taking Eira's dad with her. She smiled at me, causing me to smile back at her. It felt weird, but it made her smile bigger. "You aren't alone anymore," she said, softly patting my cheek.

I cleared my throat and nodded my head. Doubt filled it because I had always been left when I wasn't needed. I didn't believe that they wanted me, wanted to get to know me.

Eira's mother glanced at me, worry filling her eyes. She seemed to know what I was thinking which I really did not want her to. She tore her gaze away from me and looked at Eira. "Get going," she said. "I'll tell David that you have made it here safely." She paused and glanced at me before looking at her daughter. "Before you go back, can you tell us?"

Eira nodded her head. "I will," she promised. She glanced at me and offered me a small smile, something that I wanted her to do often for some reason. "Come on," she said. She pecked both of her parents on the cheek before starting to go to wherever the training room was.

Silently, I followed Eira where we needed to go. I had to remind myself that I shouldn't get too close to her, but I couldn't help it. She had this aura that drew me in, and I was scared what would happen if I let her in.

🔥🔥🔥

"You don't have to worry about hurting anyone in here," Eira said, closing the door behind us. She moved to the center of the room, her blonde hair hanging on her shoulder in a braid. "The walls are very thick, and they can't be broken."

I looked at the walls and noticed that they were made of ice. "Will they..?" I looked back at Eira to see her shake her head.

"It's fireproof," she replied. She created an ice golem but didn't send it to me. "I want you to focus on your powers," she said. "Use the pent-up anger and burn this sucker down."

"What if I hit you instead?" I asked. "You could get hurt."

Eira shook her head. "I have stuff that will be able to heal me if you do hurt me," she replied. "The best thing you can do is to practice. I know that Bane is probably giving you nightmares about hurting us, but it isn't true." She studied me, trying to read my emotions.

I kept my face blank, wondering how she knew that I had been getting nightmares. I knew that it made sense that Bane was giving them to me, but I couldn't help but wonder as to how he was doing it nor why.

Eira walked over to me, her steps certain as if she knew what she was doing. "Here," she said, holding out her hands. "Put your hands on mine, palms up."

I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously. I had no idea what she was going to do, but I knew that she was not going to let me up. Hesitantly, I placed my hands on hers and watched as she surrounded them in an ice box. "What..?"

"I need you to concentrate on your powers. The box will not melt, so you don't have to worry about hurting me. I need to see that you can actually use them. First thing is first, you need to break the fear that Bane has in you. Don't think that you can get me killed. If I get killed, then it is all on me. It has happened before."

I frowned and studied her. I could tell that she was telling the truth, and she was so sure that this exercise would work, that I was a little bit sure that this exercise would work. "Ok," I said, nodding my head. "But if you get hurt, do not come crying to me. I will not care."

Eira smiled and nodded her head. "Ok," she said, and I could tell that she did not believe a word I said. "Close your eyes."

I did what I was told to do.

"Now, picture the fire or a thing that represents fire and keep that image."

I did what she told me to do and pictured a dragon. I could feel the heat coming off of the dragon as if it was right there beside me.

"Now, call on the fire or ask for it. You need to picture the fire coming through you and into your hands."

I did what she told me to do. The dragon blew the fire out of its mouth. The fire traveled through my body and into my hands, and I could feel myself doing something with my power.

"Good," Eira said. "Now, open your eyes."