Chapter 19: Cupid

"Last night I woke up early in the morning to get a bottle of water and I walk by Sebastian room and heard a girl's voice." Nina furrowing her brows thinking and looking at every girl we walk by in the hallways.

I sneak out last night to stay at Sebastian's we spent the whole time playing video games and cuddling until we both fell asleep.

"Could be just the TV you heard." I bite my inner cheek nervously.

"It could be, but I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he's seeing someone and doesn't want me to know." She halted in her step; I did the same.

"Really?" I swallowed in. "Thought you said he doesn't date."

"That's true, maybe it was really just the TV on." She shrugs her shoulder and finally agrees. I sighed in relief. "Shit." She suddenly cursed.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Why do I think that we are the only people that are not dating anyone?" She said resting her arms on my shoulder. "Look around." She pointed on some couples walking the halls, some walking hand in hand, others were even making out.

"What's wrong with that?" I lied, I am dating his brother and she doesn't know about it yet.

"We should go on date hunting." She turns me to face her. My eyes widen from her sudden blunt words. "I can hook you up with someone. There could be someone in this school that is worth wasting our precious time with." She looks around the hallway giving out a disgusted reaction to that couple that was making out, she was trying to find someone.

"I think it's not a good idea." I told her tugging her bag.

"It's a brilliant idea. For a fact that we haven't had time to go out and have fun for a while now. I need someone to get my mind off Nate, he still isn't responding to my messages." She said not minding what I was telling her. "Oh, remember that hot Korean guy. What was his name again?" She taps her chin to think before I can answer she snaps her finger. "Kai. His name's Kai, right?"

"Isn't he dating Jennie for months now." I inform her.

"Then how about Justin, the blond guy from Music Class?"

"I think he's married now." Looking up refreshing my memory if it was correct.

"How come I didn't know that?" She looks at me unbelievably. I shrug my shoulder in response. "He was cute."

"Maybe it was really not a good idea after all." Smiling hoping that she will stop.

"No, no, no." She shook her head. She is really determined about the idea. "I'm such a good friend so I have to do this for you." She pats the top of my head.

"But-"

"Sebastian!" She called out to her brother as he saw him across the hall. "He might know some available hot guys." She winks at me, dragging me towards his brother who was previously talking to some guy. "Hey Brother." She gives him a huge smile like she always does if she needs him for a favor.

"What?" Sebastian said with lack of interest.

"Not even a hello for your favorite sister?" She bats her lashes cutely.

"You're my only sister Nina, so it doesn't give me much of a choice." Leaning at a closed locker. "Hey, Abby." He gives me a smile which I also return but was shortly interrupted with Nina's response.

"Good point." She snaps her finger. "I need you."

"Like always. I'm listening." He nods.

"I know you have a lot of you know... hot guys around... so maybe want to play cupid and find Abby and I a date." She pulls me closer to her side. I saw Sebastian's eyes widen as he heard my name.

"You and... Abby." He furrows his brows at me forcing a smile as his jaws tighten.

"Yeah. As girls being single in High School is boring and we need you to recommend some guys we can meet." Nina was telling her speech, but Sebastian's eyes were fixed on me the entire time and I can see that he was pissed. I couldn't say or react for I haven't told Nina the truth yet and if I say anything, she'll be curious about it. "Be a good brother and help us." She tugs her arms to Sebastian's.

"Okay." He said with a tight smile.

"Great!" Nina hugging her brother. "You're the best. Thank you."

This is not going to be good.

****

I texted Sebastian earlier to meet me at the school's fire exit again to explain about the whole Nina things earlier.

I am pacing back and forth tapping my phone on my palm anxiously as I wait for Sebastian to come. I peek out the door from time to time to check on him, but the next period will start in less than 15 minutes and still no sign of him. I already texted him like 10 times already for the past 10 minutes, he must be really pissed at me.

The door opens and I saw him enter. I walk towards him to give him a hug, but he totally ignored me.

"Why do you want to meet?" He asks like he was just forced to come here.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about earlier about Nina. She was being a best friend and overly stepped her boundaries-"

"Tell me, do you have any plan to tell her about us?" He asks.

"Yes. Of course." I assure him.

"When? When will you tell my sister that we are dating?" His voice was higher than his usual tone.

"Sebastian.."

"Are you only in this because it's a secret?" He frustratingly puts his arms behind his head.

"No." I try to cup his face, but he pulls away.

"Do you know what I felt when my sister who by the way doesn't know that I'm dating you, ask me to find a guy for my supposed girlfriend. It makes me felt pathetic and neglected." I can see by the way he looks at me that he was hurt.

"You know that it's not true. You matter to me." I told him. "I'll tell her soon, I swear." Holding his hands, tears are starting to build up in my eyes.

"But for the mean time, I have to pretend that I don't feel hurt?" He looks right straight to my eyes waiting for me to say something, but I don't know what to tell him, I don't have a choice. "Okay, don't worry I'll get a hot guy to date." He then pushes the door and stormed out. I wanted to call him but if I did people will notice.

I am torn between telling Nina the truth or Making Sebastian feel like he's neglected. This is driving me insane.