Episode 21 - My Dream Debut

Start from the beginning

Hindi siya kumibo pero he started to walk away from his chair.

"Alam mo na nasa Prestige kami nun. Alam mo rin kung gaano ka importante and event na yun para sakin..."

I continue to talk as he slowly walks around his table and towards me.

"Kilala kita Kieth. Plinano mo yun lahat. The photographer, the presscon, the broadcast."

He was now in front of me, still smiling devilishly.

Feeling mo talaga madadala ako sa mga pakulo mong titigan ha.

"Alam mo na may plano akong magdebut bilang actress. Kaya nga pumunta ako sa Prestige! Why would you go out of your way to hide something like this after all the effort I put into getting an acting debut?" I say as I look at him dead in the eye.

He chuckles at this as if it was some pointless subject. "And you are going to debut as an actress. Diba dapat nga maging masaya ka? You finally get your big break."

I clench my fists and jaw, trying to suppress my rising anger. "I didn't need your help."

He took a step closer, "And who said I was helping you?"

I did not dare take a step back. "Is this another useless attempt in winning me over?"

Akala mo ma iintimidate mo 'ko?

He took another step closer and I look up at him. Our gazes locked and our faces are only a few inches apart.

My breathing hitched and I couldn't say a single word.

Don't back down. Don't back down.

Wag kang magpapadala Myrah.

Don't let him win.

I desperately try to strengthen my will but I still froze. His piercing gaze render me helpless.

Shit.

Not again.

Kieth smiled as I became quiet.

He raised my chin with one of his hands and with a chilling voice he says, "Ang assuming mo ata Miss Mira. Do you really think you're that important?"

A chill ran down my spine and my heart couldn't stop pounding against my chest.

He's trying to catch me off-guard.

"No, I don't." I come to my senses and give him a confident smirk. "But if I really am not that important, then you wouldn't be doing this in the first place."

Do not let this bastard get the best of you Myrah.

For a second, I see his smile freeze and a dark shadow loomed over his eyes.

But that was quickly replaced with a low chuckle.

He moved his hand away from my chin and took a step back.

"Oh really now? As far as I'm concerned, all I'm doing is protecting my valued model and providing her with the best opportunity for her long awaited debut." He shrugs as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Kieth shoved his hands inside his pockets and stared at me, almost as if daring me to talk back.

However for some reason, I could not say a single word.

His face, although still smiling and clearly amused, has now become dark.

Nawala na ang kanyang playful aura.

He's done teasing me.

"I am the CEO of this company Miss Mira. Let me remind you that you are my model and you work under my supervision. Being the top model of the country does not give you the right to oppose me." The seriousness in his tone made me stiffen up. "The whole nation knows about this project, love. Will you risk it?"

His whole demeanour screamed, 'Authority' and 'Power'.

Damn, rich people.

But...

He's right.

He does have the power.

I can't refuse.

He purposely announced it first so that I couldn't refuse even if I wanted to.

And even if I do choose to refuse this project, V's reputation will go down with me.

Tch.

Having no other choice, I heave a sigh of defeat.

Kieth sees this and smiles, contented. I could almost hear him say 'Good girl' at the back of my head.

With one swift move, he took out a thick folder from inside his table's drawer and chucked it on the table in front of me.

It was the script.

"Shooting starts in two weeks."

And just like that.

My dream debut, ruined.

Nang dahil kay putang SimSimi.

______________________
Hey there sweet readers!
As promised, here's another episode of NDKS 2.
Next UD will be around Thursday or Friday.

The photo above is an unfinished fan art made by one of the readers!
She's also my Senior High classmate <3

See you in the next UD lovelies!

~ Ms. Author ~