Bahagya pa akong nahihilo habang umaandar ang sasakyan. The more we neared our old house, the more I got sick. Pakiramdam ko ay maduduwal na ako. Napatutop ako sa bibig. Philodemus glanced at me again, his eyes darkening with anger as his knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel too hard.

"You don't have to face her if you know you can't, Stormie."

"If I run away again, when will I be able to face her?" I smiled weakly at him. "This is for my peace of mind, Philodemus. I need to talk to her."

Naninimbang ang titig niya sa akin. Kitang-kita ko pa rin ang protesta sa kaniyang mga mata pero tumango na lamang siya. We slowed down in front of the mansion. Sumilip ako mula sa bintana ng sasakyan.

I can't believe I spent my childhood in that pandemonium. The mansion stood tall and arrogant. So many dark secrets are living inside. The Roman family is an entire mess.

The trembling of my fingers didn't stop. I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out of the car. Sumunod naman sa akin si Philodemus. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at bahagyang pinisil. I turned to him and smiled, assuring him that I'll be alright.

Nang pindutin ko ang doorbell ay abot-abot na ang tahip ng puso ko. I waited for a few minutes before the gate door opened, and the guard studied my face.

"Nandito ba si Leonora Roman?" malamig kong tanong sa kaniya.

"Diba ikaw yung-"

"Enough with this nonsense." Philodemus pushed the door open when the guard tried to close it in our faces. Despite the protest of the guard, he shoved him aside and let me walk inside. Bagama't naawa ako sa guard ay binilisan ko na lamang ang mga hakbang ko papasok sa mansion.

My legs are buckling as I stepped into the grand parlor. The housemaids looked so shock to see me, but they didn't move a muscle. Marahil ay natatakot kay Philodemus na seryosong nakasunod sa likuran ko.

"Nasan si mommy?" I demanded.

The housemaids exchanged looks with each other. I took a deep breath and was about to march towards her room when the door upstairs opened. Leonora Roman walked out elegantly in her satin robe.

Hindi ako gumalaw sa kinatatayuan ko. The sharp stabs of her heels echoed throughout the house as she walked down like a cold, heartless queen.

Wrath bubbled up in my chest. Prente lang siyang naglalakad pababa. The confidence in her never wavered and her cat-like eyes are still looking at me in disgust.

"What are you doing here?" malamig niyang tanong sa akin.

"We need to talk." Mariin kong wika sa kaniya.

Mother stopped at the end of the stairs, near the huge Chinese vase placed on both sides of the grand staircase. She rose a perfect eyebrow at me and crossed her arms against her chest.

"I see you've brought your little boyfriend."

Hindi umimik si Philodemus. I glared at her. Nag-init muli ang mga sulok ng mata ko habang nakatingin sa kaniya.

"Shantel told me everything." I said through gritted teeth.

"I figured." The ruthless, cold look on her face didn't flinch a bit. In fact, it was as if she's expecting that I'll barge in this mansion, yelling at her after finding out the truth.

Tumulo ang luha ko sa sobrang galit. Pulang-pula na ang mukha ko at nagbabara ang baga ko dahil sa tindi ng nararamdamang galit at pagkamuhi sa kaniya.

"You killed my father! How could you?!"

Gusto ko siyang sugurin pero kahit anong galit ko sa kaniya, hindi ko siya magawang masaktan. I couldn't touch her. I couldn't bear the fact of my own hands hurting her. I could but I wouldn't. Hindi ako ganoong tao.