Chapter 35 : End. VIII - Kisaragi Village

Start from the beginning

Team 7 landed around the people who beat Nami earlier even though there were more enemies than them, they weren’t scared. They were excited to finally beat some enemy ass. Chi was standing with them, too. He was saved by Team 7 when Kabuto was on his way to Orochimaru. It was that time that Nami heard them. Most of all, Naruto’s loud voice.

“Doing well? You’re beaten up.” Kakashi commented, landing on the other side of Nami.

“Nah. I’m okay, sensei.”

“Why is your eyes closed?” Kakashi asked.

Nami turned her head at her sensei. “No reason. I just want to.” She smirked and wiped her face off of the blood. She was praying her eyesight to be back when she opens her eyes again. What the hell did that Kabuto put in that needle earlier? She realized the pain she was feeling earlier was now gone. It was like it was a temporary pain caused by what Kabuto had shot her with.

“Hey guys!” She called out. “The most people someone makes unconscious, wins. Kakashi-sensei will be the judge! Is it okay, Kakashi-sensei?” She asked, her eyes still closed.

“Okay! 5…4...3…2...1... Let’s go!” Naruto shouted and ran at the enemy head on.

Nami and Mami, not wasting a second, jumped down and joined the fight. Nami ran at Akito, opening her eyes. She stopped for a second. Her eyes were back to normal. She can see clearly again. “Well that was weird. Was it my imagination that my eyesight was gone earlier?” She shrugged, and ran towards Akito again who was brandishing a kunai and shurikens at his right hand.

“What’s the—HEY! Sasuke! Naruto! I said he was mine!” She started saying something to Akito when suddenly, Sasuke and Naruto appeared on either side of him and knocked him out cold.

“You were too slow.” Sasuke commented and jumped to another enemy.

“Meh!” She groaned and knocked out the enemy running at her. “That wasn’t fair! Damn it! I was already plotting some kinds of things I would do to him!” She shouted at her teammates. Whilst taking out enemies one after another.

“Well, I didn’t think Akito was that weak?” Chi commented while he dusted off his arms from the early battle with the enemies they had that turned out to be a competition.

“Says the man who was easily caught by Kabuto.” Nami retorted and received a glare from Chi. 

“We still need to save the other villagers.” Kakashi intervened, stopping them from fighting.

“Yeah yeah! There will be more enemies!” Naruto cheered.

A vein popped on Sakura’s head as she hit Naruto. “Stop wishing for more enemies, Baka!”

“But this is unfair.” Nami muttered, catching all of their attention. “I’m all beat up but you guys are still okay. And I’m still wearing my pajamas.” This time, it was Nami’s turn to shoot Chi an accusatory glare which the latter shrugged off.

“Kakashi-sensei, who won earlier?” She asked, talking about the competition she said of whoever knocks off most enemies.

“It was Sasuke.” Kakashi answered honestly as he eyed his bruised-up student walking towards Sasuke.

“WHAT?!” Naruto shouted.

“Hn. Hey!” Sasuke suddenly shouted at Nami who jumped at his back. He was being forced to give her a piggyback ride.

“I’m tired. Congratulations, Sasu-baka. You won. Let me rest for a bit.”

Nami’s POV