20

Eva's POV

I lifted my other hand and removed his hold from my elbow. In that moment I hated Liam. And not in a casually saying, uttering nonsense kind of way.

I really, really hated him for what he had done to me.

The sight of him standing in front of me with guilt ridden face did nothing but increase my anger and pain and that started to make me hate him even more.

Where the fuck had I gone wrong?

I guess ignoring his every mistake in hopes of a happy future, my selfish need for attention and desperation of getting both Liam and Rush in my life as my lifelong destiny had come back to bite me in the ass.

I should not have been greedy.

I should never have forgiven him.

I should never have given him another chance.

I made sure to squeeze Liam's hand with all my strength. My nails pierced his skin but he did not make a sound.

I did not know why I did that. To make him feel the pain I was feeling, probably? Or to calm my raging heart to leave him and my hold on him for good this time.

This was the last time that he was going to feel my touch. And this was the last time I was touching him.

From this moment forward, if I gave him another chance to come close to me, there would never be a bigger idiot than me in the whole wide world.

Liam's hand clutched my own in his softly. The moment his fingers started wrapping around my hand, I forcefully pulled my hand out of his clutch.

"Eva", he started saying.

But I had had enough. Without looking at his face one more time or giving him a chance to finish his words, I started walking out of the room.

I heard a set of footsteps following me and without turning back, I knew it was Rush.

The second I was out of the door, my dam of control broke, and broken, stifled sounds of cry started breaking out of my lips.

I could not care in that moment that I was crying in front of the all the office employees. My self respect was just broken into pieces and now I could not care less.

The second hiccupped cries left my lips, I felt arms wrapping around my waist and legs and lifting me up in an embrace, bridal style.

I instantly hid my face in Rush's chest as he without caring for his reputation in front of his employees, started taking me out of the office.

His long strides quickly ate up the distance to the lift. My face stayed hidden in his chest but I could not stop the shudders of cries that kept shaking my whole body continuously.

Rush did not stop me from crying the whole way out. We rode down the lift with me in his arms crying hysterically, and we walked out of the building to Rush's limo with me still in the same state.

I heard him snap at the driver to drive away from there to anywhere in the city.

With me still clutched inside his warm embrace, he got inside the car.

We drove away from there. I could not keep track of time. All I knew was that the car kept going and going, roaming the streets of the city until tears had stopped dripping from my eyes and my throat had turned sore.

Rush's head was resting beside mine, hugging me tightly in his arms, encircling my waist.

His embrace was the only thing that had kept me from losing my mind completely. I had always been alone, and now just as I had gotten a taste of unconditional love, part of it was snatched from me like I was never even worthy of it.

I could not understand why destiny was so cruel to me.

"I will not stop you if you want to walk away from me too." I croaked. My throat kept hurting, my voice was barely audible.

"Where do you want me to go?" Rush spoke in my neck, "I will end up coming to you even when I walk to the end of the world."

"He said that too. Now see where I ended up."

Rush's hand cupped my face and pulled it up to face him, "You do realize that I was also betrayed by him. I did not know he was lying about breaking his engagement. He said it and both of us believed him blindly because we love him."

My lips started quivering. Every word that came out of Rush's mouth hurt my heart, because everything he said was true.

Rush was also betrayed by Liam and he was his brother. I could not even imagine the depth of the feelings that Rush was going through.

"He did not even respect the bond that we had since birth. He did not respect his mate. All he cared about was his own greed."

Rush's eyes were boring into mine, showing me the pain that he was feeling. Showing me the scar of betrayal that he had kept hidden for my sake,

"Let him have it, Eva. Let him make his choice. Let him walk away from us. And even though it is going to hurt like a bitch, we will make sure to enjoy the life that he has left behind so easily."