chapter nineteen. heartfelt

***

***

"you might not be such a bad guy, arguello"

***

Andi and Maria were still at the mall, trying on the abundance of dresses they collected. The dressing rooms were empty aside from them, so the two girls were having fun creating their own fashion show. Maria exited her fitting room in a medium length, crimson dress. The neckline was deep, showing off a decent amount of cleavage and the black bow, cinched at her waistline, drew attention to her figure. As soon as the Latina stepped in front of the mirror and did a little twirl, Andi knew it was the one.

"If you don't get that dress, I'm going to smack you," Andi told her. "You look hot!"

"You think?" Maria asked with a smile.

"Definitely. It's so you and I love how it flairs out when you spin. Plus, it'll look perfect with your signature red lipstick."

"Uh, you're right. Now, you have to go try on that light blue one I picked out for you. Go, go," the brunette said, shooing the blonde back into her changing room.

Andi went back in and pulled on the dress Maria was referring to. It was a little shorter than the crimson dress Maria was wearing but still tasteful. It was such a light blue that it could almost be mistaken as white. Halter straps wrapped around her neck and the sweetheart neckline accentuated her bust. It tapered off at her waist before billowing out with tulle.

She exited the room. "What do you think?" she asked her friend.

Maria let out a small squeal, "That's the one! I told you it would be and you doubted me."

Andi did. The blonde was not sure how she felt about the tulle but after seeing the dress on her, she changed her mind. It made the girl look so innocent, like an angel, which she was anything but.

"I know. But, I have to say, I love it. I think I'm going to get it."

Maria gave her a sly look. "You know who else would love it... Marcus."

Andi waved her off, reentering the changing room to change back into her own clothes. She could hear the door shut next to her, telling her that Maria was doing the same.

The blonde hoped Maria would drop the subject but that was not the case. It was not that she disliked the topic, she just did not want to continue talking about her and Marcus like they were dating when they were not. Sure, she liked him like that, but it was far from what she felt she was ready for.

"I'm honestly surprised you didn't just say screw you to the 'Legacies Only' thing and bring him to the dance with you," Maria continued. "I mean, that's what Viktor is doing with Petra."

Andi cringed at the thought. She had seen the Russian boy courting the goth girl during the past week after their hookup at Shabnam's party. He did a fantastic job as coming off innocent, but Andi was not buying it. A Legacy inviting a Rat to the Legacy Dance was a bit fishy to her. A part of her wanted to accept it without being suspicious, for Petra's sake, but she could not bring herself to.