chapter six. moonshine hangovers

***

***

"you're only human"

***

Andi was rudely awoken as her roommate moved noisily around their shared bedroom. "Bitch, could you not?" she muttered groggily.

"Don't fuckin' start with me. I'm already late for cheer practice," Brandy snapped back at her with her Southern accent. The platinum blonde rolled her tired eyes. "Where the hell are my shoes?"

"With your head, up your own ass," Andi replied dryly as she sat up on the bed and wiped the sleep out of her eyes.

Brandy shot her a nasty glare. Andi didn't care though. The two managed to agree that in the confines of their shared room, there was a truce as they could make each other's lives equally miserable. "They're right there dumbass," Andi pointed out.

The curly-haired girl grabbed them and quickly put them on. She promptly left without another word. Andi was not complaining though, now she had some peace and quiet to get ready for class. She had not gotten much sleep. The blonde could not admit to herself that her thoughts were reeling after the assignment last night. The party in the Graveyard had done plenty to distract her, but now the party was over and all the thoughts and memories were free to roam her mind.

Dawning her school uniform after she washed up, Andi did not even bother to do anything with her hair, choosing to leave it down in its natural state. She made sure to grab a clip to pull it back for Poison Lab later, as she did not need her flowing locks to be set aflame.

That would be too much like tempting fate in her exhausted, hungover state. Being hungover was not as fun as getting drunk in the first place.

As she turned the corner on her way to Poison Lab, she ran into a body. "Whoa, my bad," she mumbled only to see Marcus looking down at her with an amused smile.

"You look like shit," he said.

She rolled her eyes at him, "Wow what a charmer."

He gave a short laugh. "Really though, you may look worse than me which is saying something."

"Y'know it would be great if maybe you could offer me a solution instead of continuing to be a dick." Andi paused for a second. "And for the record, I definitely still look better than you."

Marcus adjusted his bag on his shoulder, "C'mon I was just about to meet up with Billy, Petra, and Lex to see if they had anything to help."

Andi knew what he was referring to and she could definitely use it to help with the headache that was beginning to form. "Are you suggesting self-medicating?" Andi joked, pretending to be scandalized.

"Yes. Yes, I am."

She laughed at his response, "You have no shame. But, why would I risk being seen with a bunch of Rats?"