Ch. 7

Ch. 7

Massy had been making her way down the narrowed hall, as both Jeremy and Avery followed her talking amongst themselves.

For the first time in a very long time, Massy found herself loving school and everything that came with it. She loved the fact that she had made some pretty great friends who seemed to like her just as much as she liked them. She loved the fact that she had met Jeremy, who had been the first guy since...she stopped at the sudden thought and shook her head of it. Although she liked that Jeremy wasn't like most guys who wanted her for her body, she was not going to allow herself to think of the only other guy who wanted her for herself.

She just wouldn't.

Shaking the thought from her head, she gave a brief smile when she felt as Avery threw his arm lazily around her shoulder as he laughed at something Jeremy had said.

"So Mase, are you coming to the game tonight?" Jeremy asked as hoped filled his voice as he casted his deep brown eyes down on her.

"Game?" She asked in a haze of confusion, allowing herself to get soaked into his longing stare.

"The football game, against Northfield." he said giving in to a small grin that had Massy's knees going weak.

"Oh," Massy said remembering that was the varsity's starting quarterback, and that there was in fact a game tonight, "uh, sure, I'll come." She said softly smiling up at him blushing from the heated look that seemed to fill his eyes at her words.

"You two are making me sick," Avery spat as they walked down the hall. "Where's Alec when I need him, at least I know he won't get carried away on the love boat." He laughed softly.

"Jealous much?" Jeremy said eyeing Avery with a knowing look.

"Not at all." Avery said giving in to a lazy look as he all but rolled his eyes.

As they rounded the corner of the empty hall, they stopped as they came face to face with Spencer and her minions, who were all walking down the hall and stopped in surprise as they spotted the three of them.

Massy felt her skin crawl as she found Spencer's eyes on her, glaring at her with a devious look filling her face. Coming to a stop before Spencer and her group, Massy gave a slight roll of the eyes as she took in the other girl. Just when she thought that she was no longer on Spencer's radar, she found that she was so wrong just by the look on the girl's face. Again Massy found herself wondering what it was that she had done, to get such a look from Spencer. After all, she thought that by Spencer and Kalani being cool with each other that she didn't have to worry about the girl.

Obviously she was wrong.

"What?" Massy asked tired of the glare that was on Spencer's face. "What is your problem?" She asked.

"Come on Spencer let's go." Madison said softly reaching out and pulling at Spencer's arm.

Just as she started to pull, Spencer snatched away from her and took a dangerous step towards Massy. Before anyone could do anything, Spencer reached out and roughly shoved Massy, pushing her to the ground.

"You!" she yelled as she shoved her, glaring at her with fiery in her eyes.

As Massy hit the floor, she saw as Jeremy stepped in between Spencer in herself, and as Avery wrapped Spencer in his arms forcing her to stop as she tried to push forward.