Ch.5

Ch. 5

Britt Paisley had just gotten off of work and was exhausted beyond belief, and all she wanted to do was to go home and to sleep the night away, but the guilt that had been laced in her mind since she arrived back to Moon Crest had her thinking otherwise. The guilt that she was consumed with was to great for her and without putting up much of a fight she found her way getting off of the elevator Moon Crest's hospital, and making her way to her mother's room.

She had been so wrapped up in her own head as she walked towards the room, hearing nothing but an authoritative voice, but not paying any mind. She rounded the corner and was getting ready to pass the nurse's station when she suddenly made eye contact with the young Doctor Lawson and smiled at him. She had seen that he was standing with a group of man, catching the sight of the sheriff uniform along with another officer and another gentleman. She hadn't really paid them any mind, but as she passed them, she heard the authoritative voice dye town. It wasn't until she heard the sound of a husky yet velvet voice called out to her.

At the sound of the voice, Britt's heart pumped twice as fast as it ever did, her body seemed to freeze over as small spine chilling tingles spread across her body. Her mind began to race as memories of whom the voice belonged to came rushing towards her.

Her back was facing towards the man, and the others in the group, and for the life of her she couldn't bring herself to turn to face him. She was frozen in place and it took everything in her not to melt to the floor at the sound of the voice that still hunted her dreams.

"Britt Paisley?" The musical voice called out to her.

As the voice called to her, Britt's breath began to come out in uneven strides, as she found the composer to face the voice.

Finding the strength she needed, Britt finally managed to turn and face the group of men, and as she did her eyes feel on the beautiful sight of the man standing tall within the group. Her eyes raked over him, seeing him as he was back in their younger years. Everything seemed to be the same, yet he had grown into his own, becoming all the more manly that she had never known possible. It was like she was looking in a mirror, seeing the past meet the future, and although she hadn't known that things would turn out the way that they did, she liked the look that he had grown into.

He stood there in an expensive grey suit, standing tall and powerful, as his brown eyes shown down at her. His dark brown hair, which had been longer when they were teens, was now cut short and placed intact, making him looking like he was fresh off of the runway. His body though wasn't at all small in their younger years, now stood strong and steady. She looked at his large arms, and just for the briefest of seconds wondered what they would be like to be wrapped around her once more.

Shaking the thoughts out her head, Britt lifted her eyes to see the man standing in front of her. She opened her mouth to speak, and the only thing that could come out was the softness of her voice as she spoke his name, letting the sound of his name trail from her lips.

"Ryland?"She questioned softly as her eyes stayed focused on him.

Ryland Moss took in the beauty of Britt as she stared wide eyed at him. He couldn't help the small smirk that played on his lips as he noticed her eyes roaming over his body. He took his time to do the same, letting his eyes work their way down her body, starting from those beautiful greenish grey eyes of her. To him nothing about her seemed to change, although, time had been good to her, and she aged beautifully, looking all the same as the young and beautiful high school girl that he loved once. He could take the picture from their year book and hold it up to her face and see that nothing had changed on her seeing as she looked exactly the same. She looked flawless in her black skirt and blazer, and although she had gotten rid of the bangs, and had settled for soft looking curls that formed her perfectly.