Ch.2

Chapter Two

Massy stared up at the massive high school before her. As she did, the only thoughts that ran through her head was the fact that it was just another high school, just like her last one. Nothing was going to be any different from her last, except for the faces. Other than that she expected to see the similarities in both schools. There will be jocks, who paraded around school as if they owned it, mean girls who dressed up as beautify queens and head chearleaders, trying to one up the next, nerds who tried to stay to themselves while secretly wishing that they could break out of their shells and join the popular crowd, emos who thought that everything was pointless and stupid, and tossing in the gossip nothing would be different.

She had arrived and twenty minutes before the bell rung, and spent most of the time hiding in her car trying to get herself ready. She wanted nothing more than to go back to being her old self. Her old self made friends and acquaintances faster than you could snap your fingers. Her old self could look at any guy and get his attention right off the back. She use to be one of those girls who walked the halls and had everyone look at her, wishing that they could be her. She used to be the outgoing girl, never afraid to go after what she wanted. She threw the most insane parties and never excluded anyone, always thinking that the more was better. She use to be THE girl, and now she was the new girl starting from the bottom.

The only thing was, was that she didn't exactly know if she wanted to work her way up to the status that she once use to have. Having that status made her feel like the luckiest girl in the world, like she could do no wrong because she could charm just about anybody to get her way. Having that status blurred the lines for her, and made it hard for her to tell what was wrong and what was right, and because of that status, her relationship with her sister suffered.

So she sat in the car and waited, trying to piece together just what it was that she was going to bring to this new school. As far as she was concern staying under the radar was probably her best bet. At least it would keep her grounded and would make it easier to stay to herself.

Hearing the ringing of the bell startled her. Looking at herself in the mirror, Massy reminded herself that it was time for a change. She hadn't noticed that she was crying until she looked at herself in the rearview mirror and saw her tear stain face.

Reaching up, she wiped the tears from her face and sighed.

"Okay, Massy, you can do this." She whispered to herself, trying to make herself feel better.

Looking over to the passenger's seat, Massy's chest heaved. Kalani was suppose to be there, but Massy kind of expected for her sister not to ride with her. Before she left the house she had called out to Kalani only to receive a cold harsh silence. She had checked her room and saw that Kalani was long gone, which left her to drive to school alone.

So instead of Kalani being in the passenger's seat, Massy found her bag. Reaching over and grabbing it, she opened the car door, and stepped out, making her way to the high school's main entrance.

As she walked in her first stop was to get her schedule, once she received it, she began to make her way down the hall trying to find her locker. When she reached it, she placed her bag inside and grabbed a pen and a notebook. She quickly took off her trench jacket and left her grey blazer with the ruffled back on. Closing the locker Massy turned and headed down the quiet hallway trying to find her American history class.

It took her a while to find it, but when she did, she knocked on the closed door, before opening it and stepping inside as the warm air in the room greeted her.