The Forwarding of Time

Start from the beginning

Uhtred's eyes scanned for woods around him as he held his shield steady on his arm, his eyes glancing about the dark of the early morning

"This isn't fair Khaana! You're using that power again! Show yourself!" Uhtred shouted his voice cracking slightly much to his own frustration. The brief pitch in his voice caused Khaana to chuckle softly.

Uhtred's ears picked up the sound and turned to face it. "Pup, you've still much growing still." She mused. Uhtred rolled his eyes "it rarely happens anymore" he muttered with ears tinted pink.

"Dont drop you guard." Khaana called as she dadhed at him from the shadows. Uhtred gasped and raised his shield, but the attack never came, he was instead met with a smoke like miasma.

"Another vision?" Uhtred exhaled "no." Khaana said, standing behind him with a hand roughly resting on the top of his head.

Uhtred cursed under in breath and hung his head. "You need to be able to predict your enemies movements, more importantly - you need to kbow when I am near." She said, her tone patient.

Uhtred sighed, "close your eyes" Khaana instructed. Uhtred did as he was told "exhale, now think - what does my presence feel like to you?" She asked removing her hand from a top his now shoulder length hair. "Its not warm but its covering and steadfast. A fell but not callous feeling like im standing in the opening of a great whirling storm. Dark all around but light where I stand." Uhtred said slowly.

Khaana nodded and walked away from him with silent steps. Eyes closed, Uhtred rose hus head and turned it left and right. The air around him felt thinner and he felt "bare, dark - arid" Uhtred murmured. He grimanced "Khaana?" He asked but she said nothing. "Khaana?" He called again.

Khaana backed her way deep into the trees and watched as the preteened Uhtred turned about as if in search for her. "Khaana!" He shouted, dropping his shield he reached out a hand.

Uhtred's pulse quickened, he knew he could just open his eyes and find her, however as he did so - his world was black. He quickly closed his eyes "its an illusion because I'm breaking the rules." He told himself. But it did nothing to ease his panic.

He reached his hand back out "Khaana, its not funny." He said. Khaana chuckled in the distance "thats because you can not see yourself Osbert." She said.

"I am glad my fear amuses you, you're supposed to protect me. Train me in war this isn't sparing with me." Uhtred called.

"You are sparing with me, I fight with fear. You tame that fear and it can aid you, push you to win rather than flee. It is my illusions is it not? Do you fear me, pup?" Khaana spoke to him.

Uhtred stopped turning about "n-no, of course not." He stammered. Khaana smirked as she watched him from the trees "then why not open your eyes and seek me." She said.

Uhtred opened his eyes and gazed into a thick blackness. "I cant see!" He called "this isn't fair!"

"Battles are not fair and the outcome cannot be seen. Still you fight them. Seek me and you will win." Khaana advised leaning against a tree.