I instantly nodded, causing the corners of his lips to pull up into a slight grin before he kissed my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said back before I rest my cheek in his shoulder. It was a natural instinct at this point.

We stayed there in a calm silence before I heard a familiar voice faintly say, "Babe, you're in a wheelchair for a reason! Stop trying to race it down the halls!"

I lifted my head off of River's shoulder just as Mason rolled in in his wheelchair. My breath caught in my throat once I saw him as my heart sped up. His skin was older than usual and there was a nasty, bruised bump on his head. He also had dark bags under his eyes, signifying the lack of sleep he'd gotten, and based on how uncomfortable these hospital beds were, I knew the feeling.

"Oh my gosh..." I trailed as a new wave of tears filled my eyes before I pushed myself up and walked toward him despite the pain.

"Hi Cat," he said, tears welling up in his eyes as well as emotion saturated his voice before I carefully bent down and hugged him.

"Thank you so much," I whispered into his shoulder. "You saved my life. You risked your life for me and...I was so worried about you Mason," I admitted. "Then I found out what my dad did to you..." I trailed before I broke the hug and looked him in the eyes. "Thank you, Mason. I can't say it enough. You...You're incredible and brace and amazing and I know you blame yourself for what happened to me, but none of it was your fault, okay?"

He nodded as more tears streamed down his face before he wrapped his arms around me again. "Liam told me what happened...I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Cat. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Mas." We held the hug for a few moments before we broke it, causing me to realize that Liam had entered the room as well. "Hi," I greeted as I carefully hugged him.

"Hey, KitKat," he gently greeted back. "How are you feeling."

"Sore and tired," I instantly replied as I made my way back to my bed just as River got up and hugged Mason.

"It's good to see you, man," he said. "I would've come to visit you, but Cat woke up and I didn't want to leave her-"

"I get it. There's no need to explain yourself to me."

River grinned before he hugged Mason again. "Gracias, Masón. Salvaste el amor de mi vida (Thank you, Mason. You saved the love of my life)."

"De nada (you are welcome)."

There was a sudden knock on the door before a man who I assumed was the pharmacist walked in. "Hello," he greeted with a polite smile. "My name is Kyle and I'm here to talk about the medications you've been prescribed," he said before he started telling me about the different pain killers and other medicines I'd been prescribed and what I could and couldn't take them with before finally asking for questions. I wasn't focusing too much on what he was saying based on how tired I was from all the physical movement I'd been doing, but I knew Liam and River were listening to every breath this man took so I wasn't too worried.

When Kyle was done, he handed River the bag with my medication, informed him of what to do for refills before he said goodbye and left.

"Alright, babe. Let's go get the car and wait for these two love birds downstairs, okay?"

"Okay," Mason said before he revved up to start racing again only for Liam to firmly grip the handles of his wheelchair.

"Love you lots, but I'm not about to let you nearly run over any more nurses, okay?" Liam said with a laugh causing Mason to childishly fold his arms.