⥈ chapter fourteen: POWER ⥈

Start from the beginning

"Well, if you're tired then I guess you don't want to come out with us." Dabria paused and glanced back over at Bruce.

"I... You're serious?" Dabria asked, confused. Bruce said nothing. "Oh my god!" Dabria exclaimed, smiling happily. She raced across the gym floor and ran straight into Bruce, hugging him tightly. Bruce seemed surprised by the gesture. "Thank you so much Bruce! I promise I won't let you down. I promise!" Bruce patted her back lightly.

"I know you won't." He said. "Go suit up." 

"Way ahead of you." Dabria said, creating a portal and disappearing through it. She landed on the second level of the Batcave, right in front of the case for her suit. Dabria had tried taking it out a couple of times after she had placed it back in the case in the cave but Bruce had denied her access to it. When she put her hand to the glass this time though, it scanned her palm and opened for her.

"Dabria!" Tim called out from somewhere down bellow. "You can change in the..." But Dabria wasn't really listening. She grabbed up her suit, opened another portal and jumped through it into her room. She felt sweaty and ill-prepared but she wasn't going to let either of those things bug her as she stripped off her workout clothes to grab something more breathable. Dabria quickly changed into her suit, splashed some water on her face and shook out her hair. there was a dent in it from the ponytail but she quickly pulled her hood up and placed her mask on. She beamed at herself in the mirror before rushing to lace up her boots and creating another portal to the first floor of the Batcave. 

"Ta-da!" Dabria said, spinning around happily in front of Tim as she emerged. He smirked at her a little and handed her a helmet. 

"What's this for?" Dabria asked. It was black and looked about her size, unlike Tim's other helmets which were a bit too big for her. 

"We can't all fit in the Batmobile you know." Damian was sitting in the passenger seat of the Batmobile, arms crossed over his chest looking slightly displeased. 

"So I have to ride on the back of your bike forever then?" Dabria asked, pursing her lips.

"Not forever." Bruce said, coming up behind her.

"So... I can get my own bike eventually?" Dabria asked with a grin. "The Phantom Bike has a nice ring to it." Bruce smirked a little.

"First, get your license then we'll talk about bikes."  Dabria grinned happily and jogged over towards Tim who was waving her over as Bruce hoped into the Batmobile. Dabria flipped her hood down and pulled the helmet over her head before getting behind Tim on his bike, putting her arms around his waist. 

"Well let's go then Red Wing." Dabria said excitedly into the earpiece. Tim chuckled and flipped the visor for his helmet down as the Batmobile sped out of the cave. Tim following after it quickly and Dabria laughing in delight as they left.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"So who are we gong after?" Dabria whispered to Tim as they crouched low on a rooftop overlooking an abandoned warehouse. "I don't think anyone ever told me." Tim glanced over at Bruce who was silent, seemingly brooding a little.

"Black Mask and his goons are smuggling some high-tech weapons into the city. If we don't stop them... Gotham will be an even more dangerous place." Tim said softly. Dabria shivered and Tim wondered if it was from the cold, fear or just pure excitement. 

"Well when's this deal supposed to happen?" Dabria whispered to him.

"It won't if you two keep talking and blow our cover." Damian hissed out. Dabria stuck her tongue out at him and Damian scowled as Tim tried not to laugh.