⥈ chapter fourteen: POWER ⥈

Start from the beginning

"I swear, do you boys know how to do everything?" Dabria said. Her shoulder already felt better. Dabria didn't think that was possible.

"No." Tim said with a laugh. "That better?" Dabria wanted to say no because it felt nice and she kind of liked being this close to him but then she thought about who she was and who Tim was and how they were so different and she just said,

"Yeah, it's good. Thanks." Tim smiled lightly and stood back up, heading to the computer. Dabria sighed and watched him type away at the computer. "Is he ever going to unground me? He does know I'm not his kid right?" Dabria said, pushing herself up off the ground and walking towards Tim, leaning on Bruce's chair lightly.

"Don't act like a kid then." Tim said with a small smirk, looking back at her. Dabria pouted and Tim laughed. "It won't last long. He knows you're itching to fight and he doesn't want you to leave again so I doubt he'll keep this up much longer."

"It's been 2 weeks already Timothy." Dabria said with a sigh.

"So not much longer then." Dabria sighed.

"Whatever I'm gonna go take a shower. See you later Drake." Dabria said, messing his hair up and lightly shoving his shoulder. Tim shook his head at her and half waved a goodbye as Dabria headed for the elevator, disappearing around the corner. As soon as Tim heard the elevator began to rise he sighed.

"Why are you spying Damian?" There was a small thump behind Tim and then Damian strode forward, wearing his Robin suit, his hands clasped behind his back.

"I'm not spying. I'm observing."

"And why are you observing?" Tim asked with a sigh.

"You have a crush on her." Tim blushed.

"What? No I don't. What would you even know about any of that? You've never liked a girl."

"No but I do know what you're like around a girl you care for." Tim pursed his lips, thinking about Steph and just shook his head.

"Shut up." Damian shrugged.

"Fine but I'm right." Damian said before walking away.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Dabria continued to hit the punching bag, pretending it was the Riddler or a mugger or any number of other petty thieves and villains. It was about as good as she could get to the actual thing. Dabria knew that she wouldn't be able to get back in Bruce's good graces that easily but... She had hoped that maybe her potential, her powers, and her skill improvement over the past week or so were enough to get her through the training phase. She knew she wasn't as good a fighter as Tim, or Damian but she still had actual superpowers. Didn't that count for something? 

"Dabria." Dabria faltered in punching the bag and it nearly swung back and hit her but she sidestepped and stopped it with her hands, looking towards the entrance of the underground gym. Bruce was standing in the entryway, wearing his suit. "I've been calling you for a minute or so." Dabria smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry Bruce. I was... In the zone." He smiled slightly. 

"I could see that." Dabria glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Shouldn't you be going soon?"

"Yes." Bruce said. Dabria wiped at the sweat on her forehead and got back in position to continue training. 

"Well, I won't stay down here much longer if that's what you're worried about. I'm a little tired anyways." Dabria said, landing a couple of blows to the bag.